Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

03 De fueling issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Clickys350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aarrgghh
Seb can get you the right part #, or a set. Just take them out of the box and put them in, don't touch the gap.

What are you tuning on (I'm on Haltech)? If you can, consider a fuel pressure sensor so you can log and use it as a safety.

Based on everything you've said I'm starting to suspect you may have been lean or fouled the plugs over time and that's why it went. How are you listening for knock while tuning? Gregg & Seb typically use headphones to a mic (300zx) or an amp connected to the stock knock sensor on the 350, Seb has a plug in ecu harness to tap the signal.
im using uprev. I already bought the manual gauge dang ahah

Listening to knock with hopes and dreams. Lol knock sensor doesnt work. Havent had time to replace it even though i just took off the fuel rail( i know i totally forgot).
Only thing im doing is keeping the afr in the 10.3-11.2 range to hopefully keep knock down. Have not messed with ignition timing at all.
Ill do some research on part # and purchase a set of ngk iridium/platinum 1 step colder plugs.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Clickys350z

Seb can get you the right part #, or a set. Just take them out of the box and put them in, don't touch the gap.

What are you tuning on (I'm on Haltech)? If you can, consider a fuel pressure sensor so you can log and use it as a safety.

Based on everything you've said I'm starting to suspect you may have been lean or fouled the plugs over time and that's why it went. How are you listening for knock while tuning? Gregg & Seb typically use headphones to a mic (300zx) or an amp connected to the stock knock sensor on the 350, Seb has a plug in ecu harness to tap the signal.
im using uprev. I already bought the manual gauge dang ahah

Listening to knock with hopes and dreams. Lol knock sensor doesnt work. Havent had time to replace it even though i just took off the fuel rail( i know i totally forgot).
Only thing im doing is keeping the afr in the 10.3-11.2 range to hopefully keep knock down. Have not messed with ignition timing at all.
Ill do some research on part # and purchase a set of ngk iridium/platinum 1 step colder plugs.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:06 PM
aarrgghh

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

The factory tune is quite aggressive with timing and uses the knock sensor in real time to pull timing and learn to get it optimal(ish). I'd get that replaced before you potentially damage your engine.

I was previously on uprev. Don't thick it would support a fuel pressure sensor anyway.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Clickys350z

The factory tune is quite aggressive with timing and uses the knock sensor in real time to pull timing and learn to get it optimal(ish). I'd get that replaced before you potentially damage your engine.

I was previously on uprev. Don't thick it would support a fuel pressure sensor anyway.
I already installed the knock sensor and still sputter. I sent Sebastian a log and hes been giving advice. So far no luck, either way its going to have to wait now since im sending the turbo out to precision for warranty again. Blades hitting housing.