Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ultimate Racing fuel system

Old 05-17-2004, 06:50 AM
ACP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Racing fuel system

I am looking at possible getting the Ultimate Racing fuel system

Seems to be a very good fuel solution for F/I 350z's, but is costly.
I wanted to post here and see if there was any interest in this, as maybe the price would come down if we purchased this together.
I would take 2

Here is what it includes
-Modified Fuel Pump Assembly (Assy from Passenger Side Fuel Tank)
- Modified Intank Fuel Pump 255lph High-Pressure
- Aluminum Fuel Y-Block
- Modified Fuel Rail Assembly (Modified for dual inlet/outlet)
- Dual Port Boost Dependant Fuel Pressure Regulator (Assembled with High Quality Diaphragm and Viton O-Rings)
- Fuel Feed Line
- Fuel Feed Lines (Y-Block to dual inlet fuel rail)
- Fuel Return Lines (Dual outlet on fuel rail to Dual Port FPR)
- Fuel Return Line (Outlet from FPR to Fuel Pump Assy)

$1025 USD (Fuel Pump Assy and Fuel Rail supplied by customer)
$555 USD core charge if you wish UR to send you the entire kit first. Refunded on receipt of good core parts (less shipping)
$575 USD 440cc Fuel Injectors and Connectors

This is just a thought, as I haven't contacted Darryl @ UR about this, only on the need for 2 packages for us. Just posting to see the interest.

I know there is a few that already have in the works on how they are setting up their fuel system with Walbro 255 fuel pump and some with adding a FPR as well. So these are directed to the ones that haven't gone this route, as this package comes with this already

Last edited by ACP; 05-17-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:11 AM
aalzuhair

Old 05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does that kit inlcude new injectors? When they modify the rails...are they doing something to the injectors??

ACP, not to burst the momentum here. But you can accomplish almost everything mentioned for less than $250 in parts.

1) Walbro 255 ($90)
2) Aeromotive 1:1 FPR (installed on the fuel pump assembly) $130
3) Simple return line off the FPR at the fuel pump assembly...using Earl's metal fittings and elbows and joints.

PS: This is Spazpilot's fuel solution...I dont wanna take credit for this.

This will give you more than sufficient pressure to run the 440cc injectors up to at least 450whp...probably much more. 50psi at idle, and 58psi at 8psi...or 60psi at 10psi. You can adjust the base pressure to whatever you want.

The one drawback to this method is it is not as "bullet proof" as the UlR solution. Their solution is textbook top-notch fuel system managment....modified fuel rail...regulator and return line at the end of the rail....etc...etc.....quality stuff. It's very expensive, and the installation is inconvient and expense...unless you DIY. I'll probably go this rough when I go forged internals...but I think it might be overkill for my goal of 425-450whp at 10psi max.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:12 PM
ACP

they don't include the new injectors, that was just in their email as an option, for those that just want those by themselves

I hear ya, I have been going back and forth with this for sometime.
Early this afternoon I had my west coast warehouse send me the
Walbro 255 (GSS342) & Aeromotive A1000-6 Regulator (2 sets actually, one for Derek here)

The way I finally decided, is if I want to change this in the future (like Michael is doing now) I can always sell these, and go to something similar

Hey there is 3 Texas boys running around 450 HP with basicly the same fuel system right ?

*note -But we are going to modify fuel rails on both mine and Derek's Z

Last edited by ACP; 05-17-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
spazpilot

Thanks gq_626

But really the credit goes to TS. They told me how they did it. I just used a different brand. I do believe though that if you were going to make serious power (above 600rwhp) I would go with ultimate racing design. Its alot more precise. As for anyone making 400-450rwhp this method works just as well
Old 05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

tim,

the fuel system t32gzz, ellas1 and I run is basically the fuel solution for the ATI kit. A DFMU and auxilary in-line pump. only difference between the 3 of us, is tim and richard got 440s with their greddy kits, and i am still on stock injectors (for now). none of us are running the e-manage, nor TS flash for any fuel management...

so fuel pressure is the only thing we change to get the idea a/f ratios... this seems to also be fine for 400-450HP.

as most have said, UR is the real solution for higher HP. i am still working my way through the path, but i know my final solution will include 550's, UR's fuel solution, and a stand alone. right now i am not getting the UR solution right now because I do not want to use an emanage (or any other piggy back to control fuel)... seems like a waste of money if i want something like a tec3 or similar later (like end of summer timeframe).

m
Old 05-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Holy high fuel pressure batman! Are you serious? In order to get enough fuel...you must running over 80psi of pressure at redline!

Also, what are you doing for timing retard, since you dont have the TS or eManage?
Old 05-18-2004, 01:58 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

i said no ts for fuel. we all use ts for timing.
80psi? maybe at 8 pounds of boost

m
Old 05-18-2004, 03:14 PM
350Now

GQ, I think Skidazzle's DFMU is the RRFPR (Electronic version). It will provide more fuel pressure when more manifold pressure is sense by the DFMU. Depending on what amount of fuel he set's to provide.

Hey Skidazzle are you still using the Apex SAFC to fine tune the fuel per rpm?

TIA
Old 05-18-2004, 06:30 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by 350Now
GQ, I think Skidazzle's DFMU is the RRFPR (Electronic version). It will provide more fuel pressure when more manifold pressure is sense by the DFMU. Depending on what amount of fuel he set's to provide.

Hey Skidazzle are you still using the Apex SAFC to fine tune the fuel per rpm?

TIA
yep.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I understand that...that's just a crap load of fuel pressure running through stock injectors. Is that textbook fuel mangement? hehe
Old 05-18-2004, 11:29 PM
thawk408

What do yall think about the Jotech fuel system that they have put on their red TT Z compared to just getting the stuff that gp listed?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:17 AM
350Now

Originally posted by gq_626
I understand that...that's just a crap load of fuel pressure running through stock injectors. Is that textbook fuel mangement? hehe
Didn't ATI do the same when they came out with their SC? This set-up must be killing the injectors though.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:29 AM
pimpjuice

Pressure is raised either way. The DFMU raises it by increasing voltage to an aux. fuel pump where others increase fuel pressure by adding a FPR. The injectors are going to be under more stress in either case.

I have the DFMU and sure the injectors will see 80 psi of fuel pressure, but at 8 psi that is exactly what is needed. Under full boost my fuel pressure drops to 60 psi even though the injectors are seeing an increase in fuel pressure. When my stock injectors can't handle the pressure it'll be time to upgrade.

The advantage to UR's setup, or anyone else running return fuel lines with a FPR, is that fuel pressure won't be limited solely on how much fuel the fuel pump can deliver. This setup is also better for tuning and yes "textbook fuel management".
Old 05-19-2004, 10:42 AM
etx

Originally posted by gq_626
Yep, stock injectors can't be too happy about that. I sound like a skipping record, but jackin up your fuel pressure to spray more fuel is terrible. Welcome to the world of EFI, USE IT!
Old 05-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

If you look at RC injectors website, injectors are usually rated at about 43psi of pressure....and really dont like to see much more pressure than 60-70psi. I think SkiDazzle is probably up to close to 100psi at redline......woohoo!!!