Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Supercharger or Single Turbo or Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:39 PM
beast_bl
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger or Single Turbo or Twin Turbo

Just out of curiousity, how many of you would partake in the many forced induction kits soon to be available. Would you go Supercharger, Single Turbo, or Twin Turbo. Why?
Old 10-29-2002, 05:24 AM
Bazazu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger

I'll be going supercharger when the time comes to go FI.

I've read a *lot* of material on FI and *for me* supercharging is the way to go. Overall I've read that superchargers are a lot more stable. Turbos usually produce more horsepower, but at the cost of reliability. Not to mention that upkeep/repair costs on turbos can be very high. Also - spool time. Spooling is almost nonexistant with a supercharger (if done right) where as turbos always have some sort of spool time or turbo lag (even in twin turbos where one starts at a lower rpm)

The one thing I'd like to do though is get all new internals so that I can push the boost up on the SC without having to worry about breaking anything. My bottom line is *reliability* I want to be able to take this engine to 100k + miles on a supercharger, so when I do go FI, i'm gonna make sure my engine is as bulletproof as possible.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:35 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like turbo, but cant decide single or twin till I see whats offered and what it all can offer. as for reliablity, thats definitly a concern, but I plan to spare no expense about doing it right, if I cant afford to do something, I will wait untill I can do it the best way possible.