Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Got LS1/LS2???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Phreakdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic! Thanks for the great info. I look forward to being a customer.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG

-All the factory gauges work except the tach at this point. We have several solutions for this, but we are still testing to determine which will be best. Most people have just installed aftermarket tach's in place of the OEM unit. Looks clean and OEM, and works great. Maybe Havok can post a pic up of his cluster to show everyone. He has this same setup.
As requested.
For those who must know right now here it is.

http://www.speedhut.com/

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge...number-462.htm

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge...number-609.htm

What I did is ordered the complete 350z gauge kit and ordered the tachometer to match (sorta since I wanted my tach to glow a different color at night). The tachometer is extremely slim so what I did is removed the tachometer guts from its surround and bezel. Then I completely disassembled the stock nissan gauge cluster to install the speedhut custom dial kit and then custom mounted the new tachometer (wiring and all) just on top of the stock 350z tach location. You'll need to completely remove the stock 350z tach needle but you wont need it anyway. You wont be able to use the 350z needle on the speedhut tach because the shaft on the speedhut stepper motor is too small. The new gauge sits about 1/2" higher inside the 350z gauge cluster but looks very stock to people who don't know any better.

See... Now the magic is gone.

LOL

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 12-11-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 AM
350zfan1

Already in talks with JE performance and have a slightly modded ls2 planned for the 240 just need to get it out of the paint shop after this deployment.

Ls motors with just a mild cam , heads , and headers and say goodbye to any TT Z or other higher than mighty car .
Old 12-18-2010, 11:26 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for posting those pics of your gauge cluster!!!! Looks OEM
Old 12-18-2010, 11:28 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Got some new pics of the production kit. Kits are on the shelf.

http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=27&catid=12
Old 12-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Brew_haha

in the link you posted it does not show headers? how much are the headers for this kit? what about the power steering line i know the kit hinson supercars offers the line changes?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Zorgazm

can you explain what you did with the gas pedal?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Thanks for posting those pics of your gauge cluster!!!! Looks OEM
No problem.

What's the word on the sway?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Brew_haha
in the link you posted it does not show headers? how much are the headers for this kit? what about the power steering line i know the kit hinson supercars offers the line changes?

Hinsons doesn't include headers as part of their "basic kit" either and they want $1,470 for theirs. Please believe me when I say Sikky's custom headers for this kit are WAY cheaper, better quality, and don't require a HAMMER for installation.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 AM
idrive_MD

Also to answer some questions regarding weight...one often overlooked factor is the weight of a LS vs the weight of a FI'd engine. The LS may not always be lighter than a stock engine, but if you compare it to the mass added on by turbo systems and intercoolers, the savings in weight and complexity really starts to favor the LS swap. Also the Tremec transmissions are monsters and weigh quite a good amount too, usually heavier than most other OEM trans, but at least it is centered and low in the car.

Last edited by idrive_MD; 12-23-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:56 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Brew_haha
We are actually updating the site with new products and pics over the next couple days. Headers are on the shelf ready to ship. We have both 1 3/4" primaries with 3" collector and 1 7/8" primaries with 3.5" collector as well as a ceramic coated option for both. Similar in design and appearance as what we offer for the 240sx's with cnc mandrel bent tubing with minimal seams for high flow. They make great power!

Power steering line kits are in stock as well and will be added to the site at the same time. I will post links to both when we get them up. Similar in look as the 240sx line kit, easy and cheap solution that makes our line kit a no brainer.

Our master cylinder kit is also complete and ready to ship. This makes bleeding the clutch a breeze and comes with everything you need from the master cylinder and adapter plate all the way to a sikky bleeder assembly that bleeds the clutch slave outside the trans housing instead of inside like OEM.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:21 AM
nismo69

What about wiring?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 AM
idrive_MD

I had a ponder too after looking at your pictures a little more...unlike the 240SX, the G/Z chassis has a y-pipe OEM exhaust system and on top of that a LOT of the Z/G exhaust parts are the same up until the mid-sections. So my thought is more of a question...why not make the headers for the Z/G setup flanged to work with aftermarket exhaust systems that connect to the factory cat flanges? Seems like your headers terminate in about the right spot and it would just make your kit even more of a bolt-on affair.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:32 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nismo69
What about wiring?
+1..
Old 12-21-2010, 02:52 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im going to stop by there on Thursday and check it out for myself since im local.

Last edited by superchargedg; 12-21-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by idrive_MD
Fueled Racing has a 240SX/350Z/G35 LS kit available also. I am not going to arque the merrits of one over the other though, but I am just throwing it out there.

Here is a build thread and sales info from SilviaV8forums.com:
http://silviav8forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2341

Specific info on their Z/G kit

If I go the 240SX route, it will be with the Fueled Racing kit. I've got to give props to Sikky though for revising their original kit designed (notched subframe in the S-chassis).

Also to answer some questions regarding weight...one often overlooked factor is the weight of a LS vs the weight of a FI'd engine. The LS may not always be lighter than a stock engine, but if you compare it to the weight added on by turbo systems and intercoolers, the savings in weight and complexity really starts to favor the LS swap. Also the Tremec transmissions are monsters and weight quite a good amount too, usually heavier than most other OEM trans, but at least it is centered and low in the car.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:48 AM
idrive_MD

Fueled Racing has a 240SX/350Z/G35 LS kit available also. I am not going to arque the merrits of one over the other though, but I am just throwing it out there.

Here is a build thread and sales info from SilviaV8forums.com:
http://silviav8forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2341

Specific info on their Z/G kit

If I go the 240SX route, it will be with the Fueled Racing kit. I've got to give props to Sikky though for revising their original kit design (notched subframe in the S-chassis).

Also to answer some questions regarding weight...one often overlooked factor is the weight of a LS vs the weight of a FI'd engine. The LS may not always be lighter than a stock engine, but if you compare it to the weight added on by turbo systems and intercoolers, the savings in weight and complexity really starts to favor the LS swap. Also the Tremec transmissions are monsters and weight quite a good amount too, usually heavier than most other OEM trans, but at least it is centered and low in the car.
Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Hey now, I was nice about it. I dont see much being said about the other companies being mentioned.

I was actually a lot more biased about my comments until I saw that the original post was by the Sikky guys which prompted me to edit my post to what you saw above.

Unless it is deserved, I am not one to jump into a vendors thread and start spouting out stuff about them and their products. Which is not to say I have any negative opinions about Sikky...it seems like their G35/350Z kit is actually top notch and straight forward and it is nice to see they are continually developing it.

I just have an opinion about them that stems from other products and past examples and I wouldn't even call it a harsh opinion, just a preference. It is like I said, they have turned things around it looks like and it may be worth my time to give them a second look.

Hell If I had the expendable cash flow, I would keep my G35 and go the LS route and possibly go with the Sikky kit because they're local. Unfortunately I don't keep that level of cash around or the patience to save it, so my only option is to sell off the G35 and build something else. I guess I could take my sale profits and just throw them into another G35, but I think I have had my fun with the platform.

I apologize for having an opinion.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Havok_RLS2

Hey now, I was nice about it. I dont see much being said about the other companies being mentioned.

I was actually a lot more biased about my comments until I saw that the original post was by the Sikky guys which prompted me to edit my post to what you saw above.

Unless it is deserved, I am not one to jump into a vendors thread and start spouting out stuff about them and their products. Which is not to say I have any negative opinions about Sikky...it seems like their G35/350Z kit is actually top notch and straight forward and it is nice to see they are continually developing it.

I just have an opinion about them that stems from other products and past examples and I wouldn't even call it a harsh opinion, just a preference. It is like I said, they have turned things around it looks like and it may be worth my time to give them a second look.

Hell If I had the expendable cash flow, I would keep my G35 and go the LS route and possibly go with the Sikky kit because they're local. Unfortunately I don't keep that level of cash around or the patience to save it, so my only option is to sell off the G35 and build something else. I guess I could take my sale profits and just throw them into another G35, but I think I have had my fun with the platform.

I apologize for having an opinion.
IDrive no one said anything about you not being entitled to your opinion or that you weren't nice about it. It's just that way you went about it was kinda foul. You may not have realized this but what you did was enter onto a site sponsors thread (Sikky's) to promote a non sponsors product and web link. On some forums that would have been enough to get you banned.
It wouldn't have been an issue if you had started your own thread and posted the same information.
You have to realize that SikkyMFG is a paying site sponsor that makes it possible for you and others to post your opinions on this forum without you having to spend a dime out of pocket to do so.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 AM
bigcloud

IDrive I have to agree with Havok on this one. Thanks for the info, but that wasn't cool mang. Start your own thread.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:27 AM
idrive_MD

Well then I apologize...all that is needed is a simple polite PM or message asking me to delete my content...or even a sniper delete by an admin because it is not like that doesn't happen around here...I guess I'll revise my post and just leave well enough alone.

this thread may resume its business, sorry for the unintended derailment.

oh and by the way, kudos to you guys for keeping it polite, I was waiting for this to become a personal attack scenario that can so easily happen.

Last edited by idrive_MD; 12-23-2010 at 03:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Got LS1/LS2???