Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

New member - just saying "hi".

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 AM
zcherub

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member - just saying "hi".

Hi all,

I've owned my 2006 Liquid Platinum 6mt G35 for about a year and a half.

I've been a member of G35Driver for a while, but wanted to sign up here to have more info resources as I dig into more mods/projects over the next year or two.

Some background: I had a '94 Black Emerald TTZ32 for about 8 years that was mostly stock. Loved that car!

Drove 5 series Bimmers for a couple years, and came back to the Nissan / Z family with the '06 G mentioned above.

So far, in addition to a little regular maintenance, I've done the following mods:

Z1 Intake
Plenum Space
Burke Test Pipes
Stillen Cat Back
Osiris tune (dyno tuned at Z1 - 268 RWHP)
Z1 Black Aluminum Shifter
JDM OEM clear corners
Karuma Z fascia
Shine Auto/Impul side skirts
De-badged "INFINITI" lettering
Gloss Black Emblemless Grille
Paint and Headlight refresh

I'd welcome some advice from the community as I look into suspension upgrades and forced induction (I miss boost!). Never changed these on my TTZ, so this is a little new.

The G is/will be daily driven (mostly) and tracked maybe once per year, so while performance is most important, a degree of drivability is needed, too.

Anyway - here are some pics from my first batch of upgrades a month or so after purchase (exhaust, etc.):

And here it is after the recent paint refresh and body mods:

I'm a fan of a good deal on quality parts, but have no interest in cheaping out on inferior quality parts as I build - would rather stay stock. I'll search around here, but again, if anyone has good input on suspension, FI, and clutches that fit my goals above, would appreciate input from the guys that have been there done that!

Thanks, all.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:19 AM
quickdiversion

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Very clean, I keep.hearing that 06 is the most prefered year!

As for upgrades, a car is a car. Parts unbolt and come off and new parts bolt on. Some have more bolts and screws that others (not being a wise ***, I sware)

If your feeling real freaky you could go 8 swap!
Old 07-28-2016, 04:12 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Welcome and congratz! You might enjoy Caffeine and Octane. Biggest show around, 1st Sunday of the month at Perimeter Mall. Tons of Gs and Zs.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:18 PM
zcherub

Originally Posted by quickdiversion
Very clean, I keep.hearing that 06 is the most prefered year!

As for upgrades, a car is a car. Parts unbolt and come off and new parts bolt on. Some have more bolts and screws that others (not being a wise ***, I sware)

If your feeling real freaky you could go 8 swap!
Thanks! I meant more along the lines of what coilovers and turbos are considered "good" these days. In my Z32 days, it was Tein & the JWT 530BB kit for street and moderate track use, but not sure how much has changed & how much the platform changes things. Just starting to do my homework... Don't want to do that bolting/unbolting more than necessary!
Old 07-28-2016, 05:19 PM
zcherub

Originally Posted by jhc
Welcome and congratz! You might enjoy Caffeine and Octane. Biggest show around, 1st Sunday of the month at Perimeter Mall. Tons of Gs and Zs.
Thanks for the welcome! I've been to caffeine & octane, but not for a while & not with the G. I'll have to go again - hopefully we'll see you there!
The following users liked this post:
jhc (07-29-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 08:19 PM
algy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On coilovers, are you looking to slam it with comfort? Or you looking to lower it and track it? I think I read you were going to track it so my recommendation would be to go with BC coilovers. 30 positions for dampening and you can also convert them to true coilovers (mean you wont have to use the spring buckets in the rear but they will be struts). If you are looking to slam it, a lot of people go with Stance coils. I hear they ride comfortably.

Ive gone through two company coils so far. MDU or Megan only bc its the same chinese design and BC coils.

As for turbos, would you be interested in a used APS Twin turbo kit? Comes with all major components and fuel system but missing some hardware and lines. Also gauges are included. Turbos have no shaft play at all.

DM me if you are interested. Im letting them go for pretty cheap.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:22 PM
algy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, Turbo wise people tend to go Twin turbo I notice here on the Z/G forum. But I also think its personal preference on what you like.

I always liked one decent sized single turbo bc I like feeling that instant rush of power at a certain RPM versus being in boost at a lower RPM. Twin you will def have more usable power vs single would be good up top like drag racing.