Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Amuse R1 titan exhaust V.S. Fujitsubo full titanium exhaust

Old 03-16-2003, 08:06 PM
supra crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Amuse R1 titan exhaust V.S. Fujitsubo full titanium exhaust

Hey i just wanted to know what exhaust u other z owners think is better Fujitsubo or Amuse heres pics of the two

fujitsubos

amuse

by the way the amuse is 100 bucks less and it also wieghs about 2.3 kgs less(whatever that is)

please tell me what you guys think is better i personally like the amuse but im not sure that it is the better one.

o and why is it that both are titanium but the amuse has that rainbow color to it?
Old 03-16-2003, 08:44 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I have the Fujitsubo Stainless Steel and the quality of workmanship is amazinf, the welds are very clean and the tips looked finished with a rolled edge.

If you are going to spend the money on either one I would go for the Fujitsubo based on my SS one and the pictures you have the Fujitsubo just looks of higher quality.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:45 PM
john350Z

i like them both!

i was going to buy the amuse r1, but i heard there was fitting problems with this exhaust sytem. i think it was a filter can for exhaust fumes that needed to get removed. i 'm not into messing/taking off anything for the exhaust to fit in a us spec 350z, especially in california where i live.

i myself just purchased the fujitsubo titanium exhaust. i will be installing it on tuesday. no problems fitting this exhaust to the us spec 350z that i have heard yet.

i actually got a good price for this unit from our administrator takao. send him a pm or e-mail if you want one. he hasone titanium fujitsubo exhaust left and has 2 stainless steel fujitsubo exhausts left also.

hope this helps your decision.

john
Old 03-16-2003, 08:53 PM
john350Z

hey westpak,

any problems encountered installing the fujitsubo ss exhaust? or was it a direct fit?

john
Old 03-17-2003, 05:41 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by john350Z
hey westpak,

any problems encountered installing the fujitsubo ss exhaust? or was it a direct fit?

john
It fit like a glove, not one problem whatsoever. To make removal and installation easier I suggest you remove the bracket with the hangers from the car just 4 bolts or so on each. It will be easier to work the hangers off the rubber things when you have the exhaust on the ground rather than when it is installed. Once you have exhaust off apply some lubricant to the hangers and they slide right off.

We had a lift which made it easier but the removal and installation took about 30-40 minutes.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:01 AM
supra crazy

Thanks i guess i will get the fujitsubo but does it improve hp any more than the amuse and y is the amuse that wierd color did they burn it?
Old 03-17-2003, 11:54 AM
john350Z

hey jmanz,

yes i'm interested in the nismo ti shift ****.

keep me informed.

john
Old 03-17-2003, 04:12 PM
350z_taquito

Originally posted by supra crazy
Thanks i guess i will get the fujitsubo but does it improve hp any more than the amuse and y is the amuse that wierd color did they burn it?
they heated it up to give it the heat-cycled ti look. ti usually discolors like that after a while whe it gets heated from exhaust heat. they just did it to a new exhaust to give it that look. you can get differing levels of discoloration by how you alloy ti. the fujitsubo looks like it won't discolor, probably because it has a higher content of another metal. it probably has a lesser percentage of ti in it's alloy, probably why it weighs more too.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Street Sports

Default Re: Amuse R1 titan exhaust V.S. Fujitsubo full titanium exhaust

Originally posted by supra crazy
Hey i just wanted to know what exhaust u other z owners think is better Fujitsubo or Amuse heres pics of the two

by the way the amuse is 100 bucks less and it also wieghs about 2.3 kgs less(whatever that is)

please tell me what you guys think is better i personally like the amuse but im not sure that it is the better one.
I just posted pics of the Amuse installed on a customer's car. Here is the link:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....469#post236469