Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

07 HR Z exhaust

Old 04-24-2015, 07:49 AM
07_3fitty_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 HR Z exhaust

hey yall i know is been asked a million of times, but i want to new whats new out there, new idea new opinions.

this what is have stillen headers, stillen high flow cats, what looks to be an x pipe and stillen dual exhaust. please see posted pics

im looking for something new, sick deep sound or something sexy if you know what i mean

i would like to keep the headers and the hi flows, what should i get from there back? i know is gona cost but something affordable i would say any tips?

custom made y pipe whith a single exhaust exit ?
brand name y pipe with a single exhaust ? or dual ?
or y pipe with a dual exist?

idk what do you all think whats ur advise and recommendations

posted pics of my set up as of now ( bought the car how it is )
Attached Thumbnails 07 HR Z exhaust-image1.jpeg   07 HR Z exhaust-image1-1-.jpeg  
Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 AM
07_3fitty_z

Originally Posted by 07_3fitty_z
hey yall i know is been asked a million of times, but i want to new whats new out there, new idea new opinions.

this what is have stillen headers, stillen high flow cats, what looks to be an x pipe and stillen dual exhaust. please see posted pics

im looking for something new, sick deep sound or something sexy if you know what i mean

i would like to keep the headers and the hi flows, what should i get from there back? i know is gona cost but something affordable i would say any tips?

custom made y pipe whith a single exhaust exit ?
brand name y pipe with a single exhaust ? or dual ?
or y pipe with a dual exist?

idk what do you all think whats ur advise and recommendations

posted pics of my set up as of now ( bought the car how it is )
any one ?
Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,043 Likes on 6,509 Posts

patience pays off, especially when you ask something during working hours for many people.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:56 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I am having a very difficult time understanding your post. Your grammar is horrendous.

What I think you are trying to ask is what exhaust should you get to make your car sound "deep and sexy" and also keep your Stillen headers and cats.

Since you already have the Stillen exhaust, why do you want to change it? Do you want louder? What is your budget?

These are all opinion based and doing some research on the forum here can answer what you are looking for. Plenty of videos to "shop" around and also see what other people have as setups to compare to what you are looking for.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:21 AM
07_3fitty_z

Originally Posted by travlee
patience pays off, especially when you ask something during working hours for many people.
sorry usually post and get responses right away
Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 AM
07_3fitty_z

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
I am having a very difficult time understanding your post. Your grammar is horrendous.

What I think you are trying to ask is what exhaust should you get to make your car sound "deep and sexy" and also keep your Stillen headers and cats.

Since you already have the Stillen exhaust, why do you want to change it? Do you want louder? What is your budget?

These are all opinion based and doing some research on the forum here can answer what you are looking for. Plenty of videos to "shop" around and also see what other people have as setups to compare to what you are looking for.
yes i know is horrendous, trying my best as English is not my native language.

i want something new cuz it just sounds bad i have a nasty rasp, sounds like a fart can unless i step on it,

looking for a deep sexy sound something you can enjoy. so i wanna do a new set up from the high flow cats back. so i wanted opinions, i have looked at a bunch of videos and looked in forms but i cant seem to find what am looking for. So i wanted to ask and see what people would if it was their own car

for example go with a dual exist or just one. or a custom made cat back exhaust, as of budget nothing to crazy lol
Old 04-24-2015, 09:38 AM
SQuaLZ

Just so you know, typically the high flow cats will give you more rasp than the actual cat-back.

I think any custom will give you even more rasp.

Typically true duals give a deeper sound than the singles, although they take away a lot of the "vq" sound.

If I were to get a true dual exhaust, I would go with Motordyne. Expensive but from what I have heard well worth the money. Another option is HKS but you are looking at about the same price.

For single, I love my Nismo. In fact, the only exhaust I would give up my Nismo for is the Tomei since I barely drive my Z and wouldn't mind having a loud exhaust on it.

Since you are new to the platform, get ready to drop coin if you want good parts. These cars, especially the HR, are very expensive to upgrade.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:47 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,043 Likes on 6,509 Posts

Just so you know, typically the high flow cats will give you more rasp than the actual cat-back.

Typically true duals give a deeper sound than the singles, although they take away a lot of the "vq" sound.

If I were to get a true dual exhaust, I would go with Motordyne. Expensive but from what I have heard well worth the money. Another option is HKS but you are looking at about the same price.

For single, I love my Nismo. In fact, the only exhaust I would give up my Nismo for is the Tomei since I barely drive my Z and wouldn't mind having a loud exhaust on it.

Since you are new to the platform, get ready to drop coin if you want good parts. These cars, especially the HR, are very expensive to upgrade.
Truth on expensive. here is my old HR with the Motordyne ART and TDX2 exhaust

Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 AM
07_3fitty_z

you are right it does give it more rasp, i read it some where else as well. i had two ultra quiet vibrant resonators (i think that whats is called ) install to eliminate the rasp but is still there.

man am a college student i really cant afford motordyne, maybe one peace of their exhaust like their y pipe or something like that, and my z is a daily

do you know any affordable cat back, maybe i can change the hi flows cats to cat back with a motordyne y pipe fallowed by a single exist or dual what do you think ?
there where gona charge me 500 for something similar to this
http://www.bodykitsuperstore.com/ima..._installed.jpg
Old 04-24-2015, 12:35 PM
SQuaLZ

If I were you, I would keep what I have and just save until I can afford the good stuff. No point in getting replica or a crappy exhaust and wasting money.

I was in college when I got my Nismo exhaust, and looking back, I'm glad I waited and saved up for it instead of just jumping to get any exhaust I could afford at the time.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:53 AM
pwice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you, I would keep what I have and just save until I can afford the good stuff. No point in getting replica or a crappy exhaust and wasting money.
+1

Exactly this
Old 05-14-2015, 09:41 AM
trusovici

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

if you really wanna quite it down install a magnaflow x-pipe where the two pipes converge after your cats.

as you can see the exhaust flow is not straight through, therefore catching alot more of the soundwaves/rasp.

that particular part number is 11386. and has 2.5 inch inlets/outlets.

Last edited by trusovici; 05-14-2015 at 09:42 AM.