Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Need info about sound of Injen SES + HFCs

Old 12-21-2016, 05:36 PM
Sebastian777

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need info about sound of Injen SES + HFCs

So I've narrowed my catback choices to Borla and Injen. I was pretty much set on Borla, until others told me and I read many people say it's a little too quiet. So after listening to hours more of youtube videos, I've found I really like the Injen, but have some reservations.

Mainly that it might be too loud while just driving around or even on cruise control on the highway. When at WOT at high RPMs, I don't mind the engine sounding like an amplified angry bear trying to break through my grill and eat a small child, but when I'm just driving around I don't want to tense every time I see a cop, have to shout when talking on the phone, or get a headache from a two hour highway drive. I also don't want to be "that jackass" in my neighborhood.

I think I like it because it sounds like a bassy, angrier version of the Borla. So is the Injen THAT loud with HFCs? Or are most of the people complaining about it when they pair it with test pipes?

Feel free to recommend other systems, but with HKS, Motordyne, and Invidia, while they sound good, just don't sound deep enough for my taste. If there is a system that splits the difference between the Borla and Injen, I'd love to know. Of course, trying to figure out what an exhaust sounds like from youtube videos sucks. It's pretty much impossible to get a good comparison due to difference in mods, difference in recording devices, and method of (placement) recording. There also isn't too many car meets where I live (central KY), especially at this time of year.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:27 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Might want to go to a local Caffeine and Octane, or perhaps another show where folks can show you their setup live.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Sebastian777

"Might want to go to a local Caffeine and Octane"???
Old 12-21-2016, 06:37 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian777
"Might want to go to a local Caffeine and Octane"???
If you find a local outdoor car show you can ask folks what they run, and prolly get a listen.
Much better than looking at YouTubes!
Old 12-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Sebastian777

I'm guessing Caffiene and Octane are car shows? Unfortunately there isn't many in Central KY that I'm aware, especially in the winter. Nor is there an import scene around here like other places.

But I'd love to find one. Might have to do some digging.
The following users liked this post:
jhc (12-21-2016)

Search this Thread