Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Car stalling at idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 PM
davewo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNOW_WAGON
if the dealership can't get it to set they should have recommended a throttle body. GT motorsports is wrong, its a function built in to all VQ's due to the E.T.C.

could be related to the U-TEC also, seeing as how it does have idle control functions(I.E cold start, a/c bump etc)
They told me UTEC can't control the idle. I'll try cleaning the MAF. I only have 13k on the car, so hope I don't have to replace the throttle body.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
supergthang

After dropping in a new long block, replacing the knock sensor, clearning the MAF and throttle body...the car STILL has the stalling problem. Engine is throwing NO CODES.

The car just dies, or hesitates when accelerating when its about to die.

Car is out of 3 year warrantly, and Nissan Canada has said that they cannot cover what they cannot find.

The dealership has given me the go ahead to bump up the idle, at a charge of 30 mins labour (i will fight this!).
What should i set the idle at? 800 or 900 rpms?

Will this have a significant impact on gas mileage.

You guys have been a great help...thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
davewo

Default followup on idle stall

Just wanted to followup. Finally gave in and paid for the the technosquare reflash to raise the idle. The idle stall issue is completely resolved. Thank goodness it wasn't anything more expensive. The idle was set at 900 rpm.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes that's scary. My car starting stalling at idle too at a meet last week. Turned out my popcharger at simply dislodged itself from the tube (didn't tighten clamp enough). Hope everything works out for ya!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 PM
R-TuneZ

hmm, i think i am starting to see the symptoms of what is going on with your car in my car. its making me very concerned but its not bad enough where i can claim there is a problem. seems like compression issues/oil blow-by for sure, issue is i am nearing my warranty expiration... guess i will just make a big fuss about it and make them take record of it so when it does get bad, i have some proof that it was a pre-existing condition. um if your car has 13k on it and its new... they should not be charging you for anything short of it being your fault, my 2 cents.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
davewo

My problem started after adding a lighter flywheel and clutch. My tuner said this could happen with lighter flywheels. I guess its worth the technoflash since it included a performance tune.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 AM
supergthang

Problem is back...

They dealership said that they raised the idle, however, its hard to tell from just looking at the needle.

I am contemplating on whether to purchase a Cipher and go at it myself.

Question: If i raise the idle with the Cipher, will it go back to stock after a ECU reset?

Thanks again,
Old 09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
davewo

Default 1500 mile followup

The car still runs great. The technosquare flash even gave me better gas mileage from 18 to 19.5 on the average. I was afraid that the increase in idle would make the mpg worse. The GTM Exedy clutch definitely requires a breakin, it finally feels more like stock now after 1500 miles except no more clutch slip.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM
03redlinetrack

Damn, my car just started idling irregularly and stalling today while coming home from work. I guess I'll have to do some cleaning after work tomorrow and hope for the best.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 PM
504Z07

Default dpfe. . .

Originally Posted by supergthang
Problem is back...

They dealership said that they raised the idle, however, its hard to tell from just looking at the needle.

I am contemplating on whether to purchase a Cipher and go at it myself.

Question: If i raise the idle with the Cipher, will it go back to stock after a ECU reset?

Thanks again,
what about the dpfe sensor or egr ports. . .i would get some idle/stall victims in from time to time (fords, go figure) and it would be the dpfe sensor (delta pressure feedback/digital pressure feedback). . .when put on diagnostics it would read "dpfe sensor low voltage". . .100% of the time it would have to be replaced. . .other idle/stall problems on a wide variety of vehicles would be the egr (exhaust gas recirculation) ports and iacv (idle air control valve) as mentioned before by a couple other persons on this thread. . .you would be suprised with how little the problems can sometimes be and how often small things like this would be overlooked due to laziness but it has happened. . .i just hope it is nothing more serious. . .but reading back, how much more serious could it be than swapping a whole long block, geez, but they don't swap all sensors when doing a swap like that. . .keep us updated. . .i'd like to know how it turns out. . .
Old 05-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Laggrider

Did you guys ever solve this? I'm having the same issues.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:59 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Laggrider
Did you guys ever solve this? I'm having the same issues.
you do realize that you bumped a 6.5 year dead thread and the OP (original poster) hasn't logged in since 08/11 and the last person to post here hasn't logged in like 7 months right.....