Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P0430 and left window troubles

Old 07-16-2017, 10:43 AM
blblb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0430 and left window troubles

Greetings.

I own a 2005 Nissan 350Z with 100k kilometers (cca. 60k miles on it) and I love it.
But... (there is always a but i am currently having some problems with it.

The first problem is an engine code P0430. The first time it appeared my mehcanic deleted it and it worked fine...for about two weeks. Then it appeared again while driving on the freeway.
The car has an aftermarket exhaust (invidia) and an aftermarket intake manifold. These mods were done by the previous owner.

Is this a catalyst problem or a Lambda probe? Since there are 2 on each pipe how to tell which one is it?

The second problem is the driver side window. When I open the door the window sometimes doesn't go down. It also doesn't go down when driving. But sometimes when I reach my destination it will go down.

Is this a problem with the motor or connectors?
My mechanic and I will remove the trim on the doors on Friday but it would be nice to know where to look for the problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Welcome.. With the aftermarket Invidia exhaust, were your catalytic converters replaced with aftermarket as well or are they still the stock OEM units? In most cases, if you're just getting the P0430 code without it being accompanied by other emissions codes, the problem is most likely that your catalytic converter needs to be replaced..

- As far as your window motor issue, see post #12 in this thread for reset procedure. If this doesn't work, chances are your window motor needs to be replaced: https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...lem-2003z.html
Old 07-17-2017, 09:27 PM
blblb

Well looking at the pictures on the internet the catalytic converters were replaced so they are not original. I need to check on the receipt when was the exhaust replaced.
And yes the only error I am currently receiving is P0430, I hope. This will be checked on Friday when the car is at the mechanic.

As far as the window motor goes. I will try to do a reset but I am not getting my hopes up. I already had a problem one day when I lowered the window down and it would not go back up. Luckily I was in the garage at the time

Will post updates on my progress.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:12 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,265 Likes on 1,014 Posts

If they're cheap muffler shop cats, they're junk. Replace with OEM or GOOD aftermarkets. If you get good aftermarket cats, or if they're already good (like motordyne), get a set of "J-tubes" to fix the code.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 AM
blblb

Unfortunately I do not know exactly what kind of CATs are. I presume they came with the exhaust (invidia). I will check today on the receipt for aftermarket parts that came with the car.

The problem with any modifications is that they need to pass an MOT. Which means that the need a TUV certificate and be installed by a professional.
(Europe regulations unfortunately).
Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Alright... Are you able to post a decent pic of your catalytic converters on here?

Search this Thread