Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

puddle on passenger side floor

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 02:20 PM
350z4Smitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water accumulation under passenger seat.

So did anyone find out the source of the water accumulation?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:56 AM
OkashiZ

underneath the carpet in my car there is a hole with a rubber gromet (similar to the door hadle belt covers). i do not know if this is something every z has or just mine, but that may be the problem. its underneath the carpet so it may be a little difficult to investigate on just a hunch.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
zzzmanzzz

hm..i am having this problem too.. wondering if there is a real solution
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
slmdchvy05

I know this is a old thread but I have the same problem, everytime it rains and I drive my car the driver side carpet gets soaking wet. I pulled uout my floormat and every inch of the carpet was drenched, I guess I am pulling out my carpet this weekend to find out whats up lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slmdchvy05
I know this is a old thread but I have the same problem, everytime it rains and I drive my car the driver side carpet gets soaking wet. I pulled uout my floormat and every inch of the carpet was drenched, I guess I am pulling out my carpet this weekend to find out whats up lol.
I feel for you. A wet floor leads to corrosion and that is bad news. Troubleshooting is a headache. Common sense says that the leak is directly above the wet area. Oh not so sure. Water can travel horizontally. Water can also travel UP. Ever owned a boat? Best of luck.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 AM
slmdchvy05

I figured out my water issue yesterday, I pulled off the wiper cowl & two covers on the sides and noticed that the grommet pulled off on the driver side where my water leak was. Who ever had my car before me put a system in it and ran the power wire though it so I just put a slit in the grommet and a small hole for the wire to fit through. I used some black silicone to seal up the slit that I made and to inside, outside of the hole, all around the wire, all the way around the edge of the grommet and firewall so that bad boy should not leak again LOL.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:37 PM
dr_gallup

Originally Posted by slmdchvy05
I figured out my water issue yesterday, I pulled off the wiper cowl & two covers on the sides and noticed that the grommet pulled off on the driver side where my water leak was. Who ever had my car before me put a system in it and ran the power wire though it so I just put a slit in the grommet and a small hole for the wire to fit through. I used some black silicone to seal up the slit that I made and to inside, outside of the hole, all around the wire, all the way around the edge of the grommet and firewall so that bad boy should not leak again LOL.
Resurrecting an old thread again.

I'm having the same problem on my 03. I thought it was probably the AC drain but everyone says that will leak on the passenger side. I'll look at it this weekend if ti does not drain. Do you have any pics?

Anyone have any good links to other sources of water in the driver foot well?