Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Radiator Core Support Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:30 PM
eracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update for reference. I just did this on an 03 track version and I had to take the power steering cooler lines apart. The lines ran through the passenger side of the radiator support. Didn't have to touch the AC lines.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Emanuel Lazaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does the radiator support help support the head lights ?

Originally Posted by ZDriver737
I just completed this procedure myself this week. I am not a mechanic but I used the factory service manual. My damage was identical to yours. Front fascia, undertray, core support corner broken off and radiator bent. Total time spent was about 16 hours. I'm normally a "change my oil type" so this was a big project for me. I did not take the hood off. Not even necessary. I tied a rope to the ceiling and ran it thru the hood latch to keep it open. Trickiest part of it all was transferring the condensor cooling parts over to the new core support. Had to pull the power steering line apart on the upper left part of the support which made a mess. Also be careful with the SRS unit on the front of the support. I rapped mine in a towel and put tape around it so I didn't drop it. It's easy to do with all that stuff on the front of the support flinging around. Otherwise fairly easy. Also your "air guides" are probably broken. Just a cheap plastic part behind both sides of the fascia.
does the radiator support help support the head lights?