Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P0340 - help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Itzcashew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0340 - help!

I honestly did not know how this happened. I went into subway to grab a sandwich and came back out BAM! The car took forever to start up and when it did it showed the TCS/SLIP/SES light. I took it to Autozone and got the P0340 code. Now i've been reading and some people say to just unplug the camshaft positioning sensor and replugging it. I tried that but it did nothing. I'm considering taking it to Nissan to get the stealership treatment. Any word of advice is well appreciated!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:02 PM
johnwigs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

verify power and ground...
if its good then replace the sensor...
possibly timing issue... highly unlikely
most likely sensor
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Itzcashew

Thats one thing i would probably not know. How do i tell if the ground and power are good?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem. I replaced the sensor, everything went back to normal.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Itzcashew

Do you guys know what caused it?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 AM
JjPadilla

replace it with a new one then ur z will b fine..
Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
johnha209

i have same issue.. went to get a new sensor today.. ordered it thru autozone and planning on replacing it myself.. looks like an easy fix.. until i realize there are 2 sensors.. i guess one has a straight plug (for passenger side) and the other is angled (for driver side).. i think they ordered me the angled one cuz looking at the model number of the sensor that they ordered me... the picture looked like it is an angled one (duralast su6480).. =( im hoping im wrong cuz i want to get this fixed asap.. did u ever get yours fixed op?? can anyone confirm about the angle and staright plugs for me?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
xchriz012x

Originally Posted by johnha209
i have same issue.. went to get a new sensor today.. ordered it thru autozone and planning on replacing it myself.. looks like an easy fix.. until i realize there are 2 sensors.. i guess one has a straight plug (for passenger side) and the other is angled (for driver side).. i think they ordered me the angled one cuz looking at the model number of the sensor that they ordered me... the picture looked like it is an angled one (duralast su6480).. =( im hoping im wrong cuz i want to get this fixed asap.. did u ever get yours fixed op?? can anyone confirm about the angle and staright plugs for me?
I have the same problem with my car. Did u replace ur sensor yet? Was it an easy job? How much time money did it cost?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 AM
350zeee

PO340 I have this problem started out of no where, driving then lost power and TSC OFF and Slipp like and Service engine light all came on at once car was still running it did not cut off. but was in a kinda of slow hesitant mode. tooke to AutoZone they for free said it was PO340, they cleared the code for me at my request, came back on as I left the parking lot.

Stealer I mean dealer wants 300.00 for parts and labor, PEPBOYS will do it for 150.00
taking car in tomorrow will let you know how it turns out.

took car to a different Autozone after the code came back on - they said the same thing.
I did have low tire pressure car was in storage for winter and I did have an underbody power wash...(which I never get on a regular) I mentioned that because I read somewere
where some one thought doing those things could have caused the issure. I'm sure PEPBOYS will fix my problem. I love this car but i'm tired of the little issues here and there with this car. i have a 04 silver convertible. I had to replace the 5th bow motor last
year...I hope this is a trouble free summer good luck...will let you know how the fix goes.

I only need Bank 1 sensor = P0340
Old 03-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Itzcashew

Bank 1 is on the passenger side and is the easiest one to get to! Just a lot of fidgeting and pulling to get it out. It took me 5 mins to change it and everything was fine. Good thing was i went to a junkyard and snagged a sensor off a 06 and everything worked perfectly fine. Hooray for free parts! =D
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 AM
350zeee

Pep Boys installed the part (bank 1 cam sensor) for 66.00 dollars labor I was out of 125.00 with the part included. runs fine. but minor issues pepboys put my car on the rack and the guy dented something under my car as he was driving on to rack. (Ooops) he said he didn't notice that the car sits thats low...so they are sending the car to the dealer to be fixed. I took pictures of the part under the car that was damaged (I'm gonna play the female card on this one) I have no clue what this part is - lol

ok webpage did not allow me to insert image

Last edited by 350zeee; 03-28-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: misspellings
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Itzcashew

Originally Posted by 350zeee
Pep Boys installed the part (bank 1 cam sensor) for 66.00 dollars labor I was out of 125.00 with the part included. runs fine. but minor issues pepboys put my car on the rack and the guy dented something under my car as he was driving on to rack. (Ooops) he said he didn't notice that the car sits thats low...so they are sending the car to the dealer to be fixed. I took pictures of the part under the car that was damaged (I'm gonna play the female card on this one) I have no clue what this part is - lol

ok webpage did not allow me to insert image
Ahh damn. I knew i should of done a DIY. Sorry to hear that! =[

Two of my friends had the same problem on their G and i fixed it for free because im such a nice guy. Also using sensor cleaner helped out one of the sensor.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM
bishop_98

Not to bring up an old thread, but i'm getting this same "P0340" error code. I went to the local parts place and after telling them the year, model and even trim level, the guy looks as me and says "straight or angled?"

Anyone have a suggestion? Is bank 1 (passenger side) straight or at an angle?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM
boostintt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bishop_98
Not to bring up an old thread, but i'm getting this same "P0340" error code. I went to the local parts place and after telling them the year, model and even trim level, the guy looks as me and says "straight or angled?"

Anyone have a suggestion? Is bank 1 (passenger side) straight or at an angle?
bank 1 is straight.
bank 2 is angle
Old 01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
RaquelRW

Default P0340

So most garages I call do not want to just install the sensor for me. They want to run a diagnostic and all that jazz. The P0340 code popped which is the passenger side sensor. Recommend just changing it myself? Or giving in and letting them run the tests?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by RaquelRW
So most garages I call do not want to just install the sensor for me. They want to run a diagnostic and all that jazz. The P0340 code popped which is the passenger side sensor. Recommend just changing it myself? Or giving in and letting them run the tests?
you can reach behind there and get to it
Old 09-29-2013, 10:51 AM
rippn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just put on new wheels and tires on my 03 and po340 came up all of a sudden, didn't even get a chance to drive around much on the new setup.

After some research I will be talking to the dealership to see if they will replace the sensors related to the po340 and the recall, don't know if this still applies after all these years but hopefully.

The other issue I'm having is getting to the camshaft position sensor on bank 1. It's physically impossible to reach from the top, I have a stillen supercharger, anyone with that s/c replace the bank 1 cp sensor? I'd like to know how you did it.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

so P0340 is the passenger side, whats the code for the drivers side? or same code?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM
manuelamarrero

According to me you must have to visit a good reputed auto repair shop. I have been regular customer of Quail Roost Tire Center and it provides expert services that will makes your car running smooth as ever. It has done a good work on my auto repair needs. It offers wide range of auto repair services including engine service, oil changes, breaks, shocks, alignment, suspension, ac service and other repair services that your car may need so, I recommends you to must visit Quail Roost Tire Center.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:44 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by manuelamarrero
According to me you must have to visit a good reputed auto repair shop. I have been regular customer of Quail Roost Tire Center and it provides expert services that will makes your car running smooth as ever. It has done a good work on my auto repair needs. It offers wide range of auto repair services including engine service, oil changes, breaks, shocks, alignment, suspension, ac service and other repair services that your car may need so, I recommends you to must visit Quail Roost Tire Center.
That's the weirdest and quite possibly most useless first post I've ever read.

To answer go7roo7's question, the DTC definitions are listed on the sticky in this forum and can be found HERE.

P0340 = Camshaft Position Circuit A (Bank 1 or single sensor)
P0345 = Camshaft Position Circuit B (Bank 2)

Last edited by zakmartin; 12-19-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: P0340 - help!