Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Interior Warning Chimes/Buzzers Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 AM
project.dwnshft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Warning Chimes/Buzzers Issues

So i search for a while yesterday and found nothing on this topic or maybe i was looking for the wrong thing but anyways. Yesterday all the chimes and buzzer noises that my 05 Z would make if i had the door open, or lights on, or any warning indicator that would typically come on, decided to stop working. The clicking noise from the blinkers also stoped making the click noise. I wasnt sure what fuse i may need to check or if there is something else i can check because i noticed the normal indicator noises would come and go for the past few months but thought nothing of it. this morning i got up to go to work and when i got in the car and put the keep in i got the chime letting me know the door was open, i checked the blinkers and they clicked as they should but during the whole ride to work the blinker sounds would come and go as i used them on the way to the office. is it possible the speakers for these noises is going out? any help would be greatly appreciated cause i miss all my indicator noises, especially the blinker cause i drove home yesterday with that thing on for a good 20mins without realizing it was on....
Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

there is no speaker, there is a relay that click in your dash.
google search 350z turn signal relay.
if it still works, its doing its job. its not a warning alarm noise, its just a mechanical noise it makes as it latches.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
project.dwnshft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you didn't read the whole post, I said ALL indicator sounds have stopped working, i know the blinker works on a relay but the blinker noise/headlights left on/door open and any other indicators all have mysteriously gone silent. there has to be something that connects all of those indicator sounds and would cause them to all stop making noise.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

oh i read your whole post alright, i just didnt answer it all.

the click noise is not an indicator, its a mechanical noise from the relay in your dash.
Believe me or not, dunno.

You apparently have another issue as well tho, but it wont make a bosch spdt relay stop clicking on its own tho unless it is dead and no longer flashes your lights at all.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:36 PM
welkinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I joined this web site (forum) just to correct some misinformation given above.

The OP lists several conditions under which the warning chime is intermittent or inoperable. The chime is operated by the BCM (body control module) and the sound for the turn signals is NOT a mechanical relay but is created by the BCM through an actual speaker located just behind the instrumentation cluster.

However, the OP will probably find that the actual turn signal lamps - including the indicators in the cluster - are working. And they DO work from a relay - it's just not under that dash.

All the symptoms listed by the OP point to the BCM.

For more information see the service manual DI ("Driver Information") section starting at page 81. While the BCM may be faulty, some have reported that water (!) can infiltrate and cause problems including intermittent ground conditions. See also the BCS section for more on the Body Control System.

Hope this helps anyone who happens to Google these symptoms or key words.

Last edited by welkinator; 02-10-2017 at 04:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ptwinkle (03-18-2018)