Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Weatherstripping rotting, need help for replacement part!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 PM
rippn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem here. Plus the weatherstripping that goes around the rear window is doing the same. Anyone know how to replace that rear piece and the part number if you have it? 2003 coupe...
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 AM
AntKneeGrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone figured out if they sell the weather stirpping seperate? i don't want to replace the whole pillar for just that
Old 07-01-2013, 08:35 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Really don't think they do :/
Old 09-26-2014, 07:51 AM
borgem

I know this is reviving and old topic, but I was considering using sugru (sugru.com) since you can shape it and it isn't absolutely permanent. Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 AM
TenneZee

Originally Posted by borgem
I know this is reviving and old topic, but I was considering using sugru (sugru.com) since you can shape it and it isn't absolutely permanent. Thoughts?
Never used the stuff but I am in for results.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 PM
borgem

Originally Posted by TenneZee
Never used the stuff but I am in for results.
I'll give it go in a few weeks and post the pics when I'm done
Old 02-13-2015, 02:54 PM
ZenthusiasT04

Default Sugru : A pillar weatherstripping remedy

Originally Posted by bluefley
Hey guys, been browsing the forums for years and just finally decided to join because I can't seem to find the information I need anywhere.

The weatherstripping on my windshield, in the corners only, is disintegrating and I need to replace it.

Anybody know the exact name, part number or even better can link me to the part itself on an online store?

Thanks in advance!!

-marc

had the same problem with bluefley, came upon this sugru product. had put this on just now and will put a few more pics after its curring time (24 hrs).
haven't done the bottom part yet, got to go to work..LOL
Attached Thumbnails Weatherstripping rotting, need help for replacement part!-fullsizerender-11.jpg   Weatherstripping rotting, need help for replacement part!-fullsizerender-9.jpg   Weatherstripping rotting, need help for replacement part!-fullsizerender-12.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM
03s2kman

Bringing this one back to life since it seems no one has found a decent replacement besides spending 400+ on a A pillar. Has anyone found a replacement part from another car or something for this?
Old 05-21-2015, 04:20 PM
03s2kman

bump
Old 05-29-2015, 06:00 AM
JunkZ

My car is suffering from this brilliant design as well.

Don't khow how many of you are from Texas but you know about our torrential down pours..

Two times now my car has been flooded, and when I say flooded I don't mean a bit of water on my floorboard. I'm talking my entire weatherproof plastic mats are completely submerged.. There's pools of water like a small lake.

First time it happened I was like damn oh well, took it to the car wash and vacuumed all the water out and dried it up the best I could. Then went for an experiment. I noticed this crap rubber deteriorating so i sealed it all with tape to see if it helped the pooling at all. Driving the car like a goof surrounding the windshield with bright green tape for a couple days.

Then last night (5/28) dallas had another storm.. Confident in my tape job I left the car out again to test and see where the water is coming from and Nope still flooded just as bad. It's coming in through the door frame by the fender somehow. Idk that's the only bright wet spot I can see.

Either way I posted about my problem in the forum with my ecu glitching and cruise light flashing intermittently and its definitely all attributed to this. I've seen posts on g35driver and how people get moisture in their ecu area and it goes haywire. So there's no other explanation. No blown fuses nothing damaged mechanically. Only happens when it rains heavy or I wash my car. No doubt it's a water problem.

Calling my insurance company today and getting my dealer to RACK up a repair bill on it and hopefully fix it all once and for all. I'm sure all my interior and electronics under my seat are water damaged to some extent.

I doubt they'll total my car out but hell I pay full coverage I better get something out of them.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:25 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm interesting in hearing how your ins company react to this.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:53 AM
JunkZ

Originally Posted by F2CMaDMaXX
I'm interesting in hearing how your ins company react to this.
They're sending an adjuster to inspect it this week. My agent said I have full coverage so I pay my deductible and it will be repaired. The inspection is to see if my ecu, well my car in general, is done for since it affected electronics and the interior got flooded. It's been flooding everywhere in Texas lately she told me I wasn't even the first person to call that day and I called at 10am lol
Old 06-08-2015, 06:59 PM
JunkZ

Welp Adjuster came by and "due to water damage on ECU which could effect safety components we're going to chalk up the car to a total loss"

so later this week they're suppose to give me a call and let me know how much my check will be and once I receive that notice I will go from there. hopefully i can buy it back for pennies on the dollar and just strip it out and turn it into a drift missile.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:51 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

So no place to buy the back window gasket? I checked courtesy parts I googled. And I searched this forum... Anyone know how I can get my hands on a new rear window seal?
90352-CD000 found my answer thats the part number google it if anyone else ever needs one

Last edited by dboyzalter; 08-17-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: found ans
Old 01-01-2016, 09:15 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Amy thing on this problem? Behind my seats the carpet is just one big puddle?
Old 02-15-2023, 08:54 AM
nosram

Sadly I am also suffering from rotting weather strip in the corners of my 2005 350Z!!
I really find it hard to believe that it is going to cost in the order of $1000 to fix 10 cent worth of rotten material.
Has anyone found a molded piece of rubber that matches the non rotten material on the windshield sides?
I would really like to try something like this before spending a huge amount....
Thank you in advance,
Nick Marson