VDC/LSD Rear brakes thud thud thud noise in low speed turns

Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM
MatadorZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VDC/LSD Rear brakes thud thud thud noise in low speed turns

Possibly a noob question but...

Occasionally when I am coasting to a stop and either:
A: Turning as if I were pulling into a parking space or
B: Going down a slope where the front wheels are going down the slop and the rears are still on the flat section (like pulling out of a lot or off a side street onto the main road)

My rear end seems to lock up and make a quick thud-thud-thud-thud-thud as if ABS or VDC is kicking on or something or as if splines are popping into the next groove... Its not a very violent shake but you can hear a loud noise and notice the car pulsate as it comes to a stop or until I let off the brakes (not in a sinusoidal warped rotors way, in more of a skidding way). It doesn't do it when I use the ebrake (for troubleshooting purposes) or when braking from a decent speed all the way to zero (stop light etc), and turning VDC off doesn't do anything either (even though I know its never fully off just from the button).

It has ocasionally done it when I'm on a turn/flyover on the freeway as well. I typically don't brake while going around curves but if some one cuts me off and I need to brake while turning it will do it some times. It doesn't effect driving at all (I don't feel like I'm going to crash when it happens or anything) and accelerating, cruising, braking (easy and heavy), turning (without brakes) all works fine. I'm still on stock GT Rays with the stock RE050s, no slip lights ever pop up during these situations either. I figure it has something to do with VDC and ABS but I don't think those systems should be able to pulsate the car in this manor or make this much noise. Over the last year it had done it maybe 2-4 times, but in the last week it has gotten worse to the point where it does it almost everytime I pull into a parking space or my garage so I would like to resolve it if I can.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 AM
MatadorZ33

No one?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:46 AM
JBop350

mine does this too and i have no clue what it could be, only the axle or wheel bearing is what i can think it is but i looked under my z and everything looked intact. let me know what you find out
Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 AM
JBop350

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ake-issue.html, i actually just found this. if your issue isnt solved yet here you go.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Are you sure this is coming from the rear end? I had a very similar issue to the one you described.