Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Worst 350z Clutch Pedal Squeak/Creak

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM
MagPulMyMag

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travlee
spray lithium grease on all parts that move on the pedal under the dash....
Already did, I will need to lube the pivot fork is what it sounds like.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:21 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by MagPulMyMag
Already did, I will need to lube the pivot fork is what it sounds like.
you can half *** it through the boot, to do it optimally you will have to drop the trans
Old 09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
MagPulMyMag

you can half *** it through the boot, to do it optimally you will have to drop the trans
Or the pivot ball not the pivot fork my bad, Anyway i will start with the half assed method of trying to reach it with a brush first as dropping the trans is inconvenient and that won't happen till i get my JWT clutch and flywheel.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:34 PM
travlee
Master

i knew what you were saying.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:40 PM
MagPulMyMag

i knew what you were saying.
I am going off topic here but hopefully this thread will be useful for future readers has anyone had experience with this https://my350z.com/forum/engine/5911...50z-g35-s.html ? Because i am seriously considering this piece.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am going off topic here but hopefully this thread will be useful for future readers has anyone had experience with this https://my350z.com/forum/engine/5911...50z-g35-s.html ? Because i am seriously considering this piece.

Did you miss this on the first page of this thread???

Originally Posted by NismoDude
Get one of these.

Fix whatever is creaking AND greatly improve the feel of your clutch.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine/5911...50z-g35-s.html

Can't recommend this piece highly enough :thumb up:

There are a couple of threads on the forum discussing it, multiple happy users.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
travlee
Master

do it, a buddy of mine has it... needless to say driving his car vs mine is way different . clutch engagement is a lot lower than mine
Old 09-10-2014, 08:03 PM
MagPulMyMag

Originally Posted by NismoDude
Did you miss this on the first page of this thread???

Can't recommend this piece highly enough :thumb up:

There are a couple of threads on the forum discussing it, multiple happy users.
Indeed I did see the first page of this thread, that is what spurred me to repost the link about the product and see what you guys had to say about it, sounds like i will be picking one up. I have nothing against the guy(s) at RJM but there is defiantly cherry picking that goes on when a manufacturer is picking reviews for their product, so i just wanted to get a 2nd opinion.

Last edited by MagPulMyMag; 09-10-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:11 PM
NismoDude

Indeed I did see the first page of this thread, that is what spurred me to repost the link about the product and see what you guys had to say about it, sounds like i will be picking one up. I have nothing against the guy(s) at RJM but there is defiantly cherry picking that goes on when a manufacturer is picking reviews for their product, so i just wanted to get a 2nd opinion.
I have owned half a dozen manual transmission cars over the last 20 years. When I got my Z it had been prob 3 or 4 years since I sold my last one, so I thought my not liking the stock clutch was being out of practice. After 6 months I still hated it: heavy pressure, razor thin engagement just in the last inch of travel. Several of my friends drove it. They ALL stalled it at least once.

The RJM unit is amazing.

Like a different car. Clutch feels like the units in my Toyotas, which I always liked. Engages an inch off the floor, very linear, you CAN actually start the car from a stop WITHOUT touching the gas. No more jerky 1 to 2 shifts. BEST upgrade could've made to the car.

Looking into the company and guy who builds them it's really amazing. I used his story to show my kids how smart an engineer is. (my understanding is that the guy who designed this pedal is a mechanical engineer with a full time day job, and designed these clutch pedals in his spare time, and just changing the fulcrum points, etc. is how he achieved such a profound difference.

Not a shill for the company - just a VERY satisfied customer.

Install was pretty easy too, other than having to contort yourself under your dash. Took 1.5 to 2 hours taking my time in the garage with the stereo cranked.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:55 PM
oldschool350z

Hell it's better than the sound the dual mass flywheel makes when you push the clutch in..

Makes my z sound like a piece of ****.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:59 PM
350z_Lam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is starting to have this problem as well especially in the hotter months you can really start to feel it squeaking and theres a lot more resistance compared to cooler days. At first I thought it may be the clutch fluid thinning in the hotter temps causing it to not have enough strength to push the cylinder that is causing the issue. So I went on to bleed the clutch fluid and that didnt solve anything. Then went on to rebuild the slave cylinder and replaced master cylinder as well but still the issue was there. I'm completely stumped at this point. Would you say the last suspect is the throwout bearing or greasing the pivot ball? Clutch still seems really healthy and no slippage at all however.