Driver Side Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:15 AM
JYoza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Driver Side Window Problem

*****MODS, PLEASE MOVE THIS TO MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR***** Thanks

Hey all,

This should be an easy one to answer. My driver side window was rolled down when I drove home. Once I got home, I tried to roll it back up. The Z decided not to do so. Restarted the car, no luck. No shocker there. However, the passenger window works just dandy. But with the driver side, it clicks when I try to wind the window up as it usually does but just has no reaction to my button pushing except for the sound of the click, which I assume is the motor trying to turn? Here is my question. Is it the regulator or the actual motor that sounds to be dead? I have an extended platinum warranty that is very generous. No deductible at all. Between the car burning oil and now this I bet the warranty company is going to love me. I know the motor's in windows are usually under warranty, are the regulators included in this?

I would call the warranty company myself right this second but I'm stuck in class till 1:45pm the earliest and feel like making a post about it to you lovely guy/gals. Also it sucks extra because it's pouring rain outside and is expected to be raining all day, so the Z is stuck in the garage and will be stuck in the garage until it's done pissing outside so I can get it to the dealer.

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited by JYoza; 09-25-2014 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:41 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I highly doubt your motors would be covered, especially since your Z is older. It's simple wear and tear through usage, so they might not cover that at all.

Best thing to do is just go buy a new motor from your auto parts store for under $150 and install it yourself.

There's a DIY thread on here that's very helpful.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:44 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

if he has the extended warranty, they do cover window motors.... i claimed mine but i just need to find the time to take it in.

op, while holding the button up, with your other hand give the door panel a good smack.... in the middle of it, but on the front third of it... just in front of the panel... that is how i have to get mine to go up sometime
Old 09-25-2014, 04:49 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Ha, I used to do that with the window and panel fist bump trick. Then I got tired of it and replaced the motor.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:53 AM
JYoza

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I highly doubt your motors would be covered, especially since your Z is older. It's simple wear and tear through usage, so they might not cover that at all.

Best thing to do is just go buy a new motor from your auto parts store for under $150 and install it yourself.

There's a DIY thread on here that's very helpful.
I sure hope it is. If not I will be doing this fix myself because I believe NISSAN is charging $500.00...not paying that.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:54 AM
JYoza

Originally Posted by travlee
if he has the extended warranty, they do cover window motors.... i claimed mine but i just need to find the time to take it in.

op, while holding the button up, with your other hand give the door panel a good smack.... in the middle of it, but on the front third of it... just in front of the panel... that is how i have to get mine to go up sometime
Great idea. I'm going to try this when I get home from class. I just want to roll the window up so if need be, leave the car at the dealer so they can look at it without worrying about it getting rained on.

Last edited by JYoza; 09-25-2014 at 04:57 AM.