Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

First Z first roadblock

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 11:40 AM
DontknowZ's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down First Z first roadblock

Hello everyone, I just recently left the 240sx game and got a 2004 Z. I had a few issues right off the bat. Missfiring, stalling out on its own, and high idle. All are fixed now and I decided to take oil leaks all around the top end. I have decided to replace the Intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets and rtv the cam covers. Apon taking off all of this the cams were covered in sludge. In an attempt to clean it out I loosened the bolt at the end of the camshaft behind the cover and found out that the case has to come off so I didn't take the shaft out. After putting it all back together I went to start it and it started then died and won't start, I forgot to tighten the intake came and the gear spun without the camshaft. I have it apart right now and I need to know how to put the cam back in the same position. I have it loose and just can't tell when to tighten it in the same spot, are there marks that have to face up? Etc. help is needed asap, got work on Monday... 😕
Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Wow. Best screen name ever. But, NeedsNewMotor would now be even more appropriate.

Last edited by dcains; 11-09-2014 at 08:08 PM.