Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My cars acting funny...HELP!!

Old 02-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Ctuexi3904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cars acting funny...HELP!!

ok guys I'm looking for the mechanics who can help a guy who doesn't have the deepest pockets..e.g ME!

So my car was doing great then out of no where it starting acting up on me. My problem is when I step on the gas it takes its time to really get going(if that makes any sense). What I mean is when I step on it, it doesn't really start to get going after it passes 1.5-2 rpm then It drives just fine. Best explanation is it feels like it's lagging. Also the gears on the dash don't show( it doesn't say D,N,R..etc) One of my buddies who has experience said the gear is stuck on second another buddy said the transmission fluid needs changing. Idk what the deal is I'm willing to take it too a mechanic but I don't want to get screwed over. Other than that she runs fine I'm just scared the transmission is gonna go out on me if it hasn't already.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Nissan built a diagnostic system into the Z, so use it. Take it to a parts shop and get them to scan for codes. Many will do it for free and let you know what the codes indicate.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I agree with dkmura. Get the codes.