Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Random Issues after Storage

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Cookiezor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Random Issues after Storage

EDIT -----{ok, i ve had one title b4, but it was not up to specs, so this title does not really reflect my problem. the issues are not random, and its only one issue, and its not bc of storage.}

car:22k miles, hr, manual, 07, base.
Id like to know if anyone have/had the same issue:
NO CODES whatsoever
only happens at 1st and 2nd gear after 50mi from disconnected battery.

so, i just had my car out of storage, and it drove fine until yesterday. yesterdays is abt 50mi from the point of disconnected battery. that is usually the period for all the sensors to "learn" the right value.

so what happens is when i take off in first gear, very slowly, i'm starting to let the clutch go, and roll, and as soon as i press a bit of gas, it drives up from 750rpm to 1100rpm, then the engine jumps to 1500 and then back down and up, till it goes over 2000rpm. its not the needle jump, its the engine.

this also happens in 2nd gear but not as harsh maybe due to bigger load on the engine. it almost feels like as if there is a delay in the accelerator pos sensor like as if it sends the value to late, but only b4 2000rmp.

it could also be described as if the clutch has not been let off smoothly, but dropped and the car jumps cpl of times, but the irony is that the clutch is not touched, only on acceleration.

And this did not happen b4 this period(storage-now). However it did happen b4 , cpl of years ago b4 i put the car into storage. and at that time i thought it was the air control valve, so i cleaned the throttle bodies, but didnt help. also this doesnt happen if i just rev the engine. only under load, and doesnt happen all the time.

the only reason i mention 50mi, is bc maybe some of the sensors are not reset properly, but then again, this is not the first time i disconnect the battery.
maybe i have a faulty TPS, but then my car only been on the road for 22k miles, i dont want to believe it, but damn.

to recap:
jumps at 1000-2000rpms
under load
when gas is applied
did not happen within 50mi of disconnected battery
as if there is a delay on tps - best describes it, or the pedal sensor.
nismo intakes
dual exhaust

i just want to know if anyone had it and what was it.
please dont reply with a guess - i do that alot also.

thanks for the viewing.

Last edited by Cookiezor; 04-13-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: set things straight.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thread retitled and moved to correct subforum

Please title your threads according to your relevant content or your thread may be deleted
Old 04-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Cookiezor

so no one had this issue?!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:54 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I've never had a problem with anything after storage. My car usually sits for about 4 months each winter and it is kept on a Battery Tender. I've never had any kind of problems.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:18 PM
qew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get a new or used tps,that would've been my guess from your description of whats going on. Or do the tb relearn process before the sensor then if that doesn't work do the sensor and the relearn. And it doesn't jump rpms at idle huh? interesting,try the above and see what happens.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Cookiezor

Originally Posted by qew
I would get a new or used tps,that would've been my guess from your description of whats going on. Or do the tb relearn process before the sensor then if that doesn't work do the sensor and the relearn. And it doesn't jump rpms at idle huh? interesting,try the above and see what happens.
i'm gonna get a hold of a mutlimeter, to test them both, then we ll see what happens. And no, not at idle, only if i give gas below 2000rpm, i was looking online for new tps, but could not find one, i believe they come with throttle bodies, or maybe i ll call a dealer and see, i havent looked into it yet. still surprising how nobody else have this problem
Old 04-18-2015, 09:51 AM
qew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you end up needing a tps look for a good used one on eBay.If you can't get the tps by itself then get a used tb. As far as anyone else having this issue might want to change you title to be more specific.

Last edited by qew; 04-18-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Cookiezor

Originally Posted by qew
If you end up needing a tps look for a good used one on eBay.If you can't get the tps by itself then get a used tb. As far as anyone else having this issue might want to change you title to be more specific.
i had a different title, now i dont know how to change it
Old 04-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Cookiezor

also, i dont really believe its the tps, bc it was working fine during that 50mi period.
which could mean, that after the new values have been set(that were missing, like the o2) they could have altered the normal flow of work.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:41 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

You may want to check for a vaccum leak. Really sounds like you are leaning out. I have seen several cars that were stored for a while that had rodents chew up vaccum lines and spark plug wires. GL