Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

'06 5AT Grand Touring Puttering/Slipping

Old 05-19-2015, 12:36 PM
pwr2killayak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation '06 5AT Grand Touring Puttering/Slipping

2006 Nissan 350z DE w 5AT Transmission.
Factory Rebuilt Tranny was replaced about 3 years ago when the car had 46k miles on it, the car now has 126k. (Warranty on the Tranny was 30k/3yr AKA out of warranty now)

I can't decide whether or not my car needs some transmission work, or if I need to have my spark plugs changed, or fuel injectors changed, or what, but this is what it's been doing:

Today on the way to work, I gave it a little gas through a turn (40MPH) and when it should have dropped gears to 3rd, maybe even 2nd, didn't, and instead kept in 4th, hence my "Tranny is Slipping" feeling.

A couple of weeks ago, the car gave off a feeling of "Puttering/Sputtering" when I gave it steady gas, it would jerk, and made it giving a steady amount of gas, low speeds, or highway speeds, very difficult. Turned the car off, then back on, no issues. In paranoia I got some fuel injector cleaner and applied it at my next fill up of Shell 93 Octane. Have since cleaned the JWT Popcharger (intake), but not the throttle body.

93 Octane has been used since I've owned the car for the last ~5 years.

Taking it in to have the Tranny Flushed tomorrow at the Local Nissan Dealership for ~$106, (I bet that number goes up between now and completion, any takers?), but just wanted to pick everyone's brain and see two things:

When a Nissan Dealer does a Tranny Flush, what EXACTLY do they do?
(I have a feeling if they open the Tranny pan, they will find something I don't want to hear about, this seems to happen anytime a Tranny pan is opened, on any car I've EVER owned)
What you would do if it was your Z?

I hadn't planned on getting a new car, but if they say my tranny is shot, I will be looking to replace it ASAP, and may have some Z parts for sale...

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Old 06-26-2015, 12:31 PM
socalscott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened? share your experience