Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Driver Window not working.... no solution

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:25 PM
Teh_White_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Window not working.... no solution

Ok so I've had my 2007 Touring 350z for about 4 months now and the driver window hasn't worked since I drove it off the lot. Having changed a few window motors in my life I figured it was a quick swap and i was good to go. So after trying the method of taking it apart and cleaning it real good, so i didn't have to drop the $100+ on a new window motor there was no luck. It doesn't do anything at all... not up, not down, nothing. So i broke down after not having any other guess's and done lots of research, I bought a new driver window motor. Got it in the mail yesterday, everything looks good. Go to install it today..... and nothing. so I have now completely ripped this annoying door apart by myself probably 3-4 times, dropped $120 in stuff trying to find a solution and I've got absolutely no where.... The only other thing I can think of is the switch module that sits in the door could have a short in it or something. Thus being because when I first close the door and turn the car on I can Lock/Unlock, mess with mirrors, roll passenger window up and down. But as soon as I touch that switch for the driver window nothing else works after until I restart the car. What do you guys think? Am i on to something with replacing the switch? Or am i wasting my time messing with it, because I'm completely out of ideas here...
Old 07-22-2015, 03:10 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Have you tried testing the old window motor? That might tell you something. You could also check the new motor and see if you have a dud. It's also not hard to pull the switch panel and check the DS window switch with a multimeter to determine if it's functioning.

Bottom line: don't just throw parts at the car...
Old 07-22-2015, 04:47 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

if you have a friend with a Z, borrow their panel and see if things work with theirs