Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Interior door handle cable attachment piece(?)

Old 08-04-2015, 02:48 PM
ScienceofSpock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior door handle cable attachment piece(?)

Howdy y'all!
Recently, my driver side inside door handle stopped opening the door, so I took the door panel off and found that the white plastic piece that attaches the cable to the door handle is broken.

I have searched high and low online for this part, but cannot find even a mention of it. In fact, the exploded parts view for the driver door does not even show the part, leading me to believe it's part of the actual door handle assembly.
I have checked my local junk yards that have online searches and none of them seem to have any 350z's at all, or they haven't updated their search forms in a very long time.

I'm considering 3D printing a replacement at this point.

This is the part in question:

Does anyone know where to get this piece? I'm certainly not going to spend $75+ for a new door handle assembly just for a 50 cent piece of plastic.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:58 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks like it's part of the assembly

All they have are passenger side assemblies on eBay and they go for ~$90 at the dealer new

http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_sear...14_715_846_856
The following users liked this post:
ScienceofSpock (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 03:12 PM
ScienceofSpock

Thanks for that pic, at least now I know. I've seen tons of pics of the handle, but never from the bottom, so while I suspected it was part of the assembly, I still wasn't sure because I'd never seen it in a picture.

Looks like I'm going to have to call some of the other junk yards around here or build it in Rhino and 3D print it.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:56 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpock
Thanks for that pic, at least now I know. I've seen tons of pics of the handle, but never from the bottom, so while I suspected it was part of the assembly, I still wasn't sure because I'd never seen it in a picture.

Looks like I'm going to have to call some of the other junk yards around here or build it in Rhino and 3D print it.
Known point-of-failure. Only solution is new/used door handle. I bought a "slightly used" one (knowing it could fail again) on EBay from a Nissan "recyling yard" and it's held up for nearly three years. Of course, I don't pull the handle very hard anymore... Oh, paid $7 for it so no worries if it breaks again. For that price, I can break 10 of 'em and spare the five minutes it takes to replace it each time.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:02 AM
ScienceofSpock

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Oh, paid $7 for it so no worries if it breaks again. For that price, I can break 10 of 'em and spare the five minutes it takes to replace it each time.
You got lucky, but if it breaks again, I doubt you'll be able to find another at that price.
I did find a local import-only junk yard that might have the part. Still have to call them today. If they don't have it, I'm going the 3D print route.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:59 PM
MktHunter

Default My problem Exactly

I can't find a door handle assembly for left side. Does any one know if plastic part on right side is interchangeable?