Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My 350z has a problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Jorge350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 350z has a problem

my 350z has a problem, the car is turned off, and will not start, I have to wait about 20 minutes to turn it, I bring it to a mechanic but the computer does not say anything and the mechanic will change a burnt coil, but continues the same problem, I wonder if it could be the fuel pump
Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Hi new guy. Your post doesn't make a lot of sense and the problem could be any of oh... ten thousand things.

Re-think the problem and do a write-up that might actually allow us to produce some useful diagnostic possibilities.

First and foremost, include the following:

Vehicle year & mileage?
Manual or Automatic?
Recent new parts?
Modifications?
Did something happen before the problem started (i.e., hit something, did some DIY, cleaned the engine, etc.) or did it just come out of nowhere?
You say the car will not start and then you say it will. Which is it? Did you actually sit there for 20 minutes cranking your engine or did you try to start it, wait, and then it started 20 minutes later?
Did the computer not read any stored codes or was it not able to establish a handshake with the PCM (ECU)?

You mentioned "the computer." WHAT computer are you talking about? The ECU, a diagnostic computer? If a diagnostic computer, what kind? Factory/high end or a cheap OBDII scan tool?

If you're about to throw parts at the car for no reason other than "it might be..." like your fuel pump, then don't. Take it to a knowledgeable Nisssan tech, like at a dealership, and get a proper diagnosis. The vast probability is that this is your best solution and you'll save money in the end.