Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Massive amounts of leak.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:06 PM
PureR3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Massive amounts of leak.

Hello guys, thank you guys for always helping me out when I have problems with my car. Recently, I removed everything in my trunk to dynamat it to help reduce the road noise. What it did do is help with the exhaust drone but a problem came into play. After I finish dyna matting my trunk, I decided to leave it at rest for a few days so that the smell can go away. After a huge rain, I opened my trunk and saw puddles of water inside my car. Like any other owner, I was worried. When the sky cleared up, I told my friend to hose the rear trunk of my car, and I found out MULTIPLE leaks. There are water coming in from the rear vent, water coming in from where you insert the taillight, water coming in from electrical covers (the little black holes where the wire goes through, the sealant that is suppose to block out things from the outside). IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIX THIS. PLEASE HELP. I am going to remove the rear bumper today to investigate some more. Some people have said that sealing up the rear vent will cause tinnitus (buzzing inside the ear). Is there any way I can somehow cover it up without having to deal with dirt being stuck up in my car, having tinnitus, and all that other crap? Any help is appreciated thank you very much!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:25 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm not sure I understand just what you did when installing the Dynamat. You say you removed everything in your trunk but could you be more specific. I assume the car wasn't leaking before your modifications. I'm not sure how to help you except to suggest you take your car to a body shop to see if there is something they can do to plug the holes you apparently made in the car.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:23 PM
PureR3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah I dyna matted it for personal reason to help block out road noise. Then I after a rain shower, my trunk was flooded. I was wondering if there are any ways I can like seal up the rear vent's without causing tinnitus. Maybe I'm just asking a dumb question lol.