Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Power locks and passanger windoe

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Siqcology

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks and passanger windoe

2003 Nissan 350z performance trim

Last night it rained hard and I rolled both windows down for a bit then up for some fresh air. (Wasn't hardcore rain at this point.) but turned the car off and keys out. Open the door and both windows rolled to half. Then it fixes itself.

Next morning I rolled both windows down and tried to roll one back up. The passenger. It wouldn't come back up after rolling it down. But also. The power locks on both sides do not work. I also notice the light on the emblems of the power locks on the passenger side was not lit up. I checked all harnessed and cleaned them and nothing. Tried resetting but it doesn't respond. I can hear the window motor move a tad bit when I click down but nothing when up. It could be the motor but what can cause the power locks to go out...?

The key fob still works when rolling down the windows and up for the driver side.

At one point after disconnect the harness and reconnecting on the driver side the locks work. Then goes out.

I need help getting that window up. I tried banging the side of the door method already
Old 09-21-2015, 04:08 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Check the switch, check for shorts (particularly in the door jamb area), check relays, fuses, grounds, etc.

These can be a pain to track down. I'd definitely start with the switch if you're finding that the windows will go up and down using the key (assuming you're talking about turning the key twice in the driver's side door handle).
Old 09-21-2015, 04:15 PM
PP08HR

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

Either you sprang an electrical problem or had the right window regulator/motor and door lock actuator go out at the same time
Old 09-17-2019, 01:37 PM
iReZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Zombie Thread...different day same key fob problem.

Zombie Thread...differnt day same key fob problem.

I have almost the identical problem. The interesting part is the key insertion. In over a dozen tries I actually attained the results of the program. I would see other strange things at other times. No turn signal flashing, just a fading clicking, like a background noise. 2 turn signal flashes only, then nothing, or just nothing. I can't believe it is so difficult as to fail repeatedly. Also the same symptom referenced by Original poster. The remote worked well until a little later, a couple of hours then it was dead. New battery / new remote. Everyone seems to think the receivers are infallible....At the same time, my car doesn't make contact with the key chip sometimes and doesn't turn on the fuel pump so won't start. Remove the key lock, unlock the doors, try again. Sometimes it takes 3 tries, then, starts right up. There has to be an over arching cause to theres problem. I've seen the same complaint all over the internet, but little if any explanation.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:17 AM
813_350Z

Received 318 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by iReZ
Zombie Thread...differnt day same key fob problem.

I have almost the identical problem. The interesting part is the key insertion. In over a dozen tries I actually attained the results of the program. I would see other strange things at other times. No turn signal flashing, just a fading clicking, like a background noise. 2 turn signal flashes only, then nothing, or just nothing. I can't believe it is so difficult as to fail repeatedly. Also the same symptom referenced by Original poster. The remote worked well until a little later, a couple of hours then it was dead. New battery / new remote. Everyone seems to think the receivers are infallible....At the same time, my car doesn't make contact with the key chip sometimes and doesn't turn on the fuel pump so won't start. Remove the key lock, unlock the doors, try again. Sometimes it takes 3 tries, then, starts right up. There has to be an over arching cause to theres problem. I've seen the same complaint all over the internet, but little if any explanation.
Your post isn't even related to the original!
Old 09-18-2019, 01:45 PM
iReZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
Your post isn't even related to the original!
This small post skips over from this post;
https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...t-working.html

That is how I posted here....