Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Air Bag Light Keeps Coming on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 PM
David Womacks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Light Keeps Coming on.

Hey all,I've been having this issue for about a year now the air bag light will come on every few weeks,Ill reset it and so on but now its coming back on every restart after I reset it. Is there a way to see which airbag it is and if so shut it and the light off? Provided its not one of the main airbags ie in the steering wheel or passenger dash.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:30 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

So does mine.. Idk why...

Name:  PC160895.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  96.8 KB
Old 05-03-2016, 10:36 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-safety/airbag-check-guide

This may help
Old 05-04-2016, 01:22 AM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...aler-rant.html

I had the same issue, reading the flash pattern showed me that it was the passenger side was causing the issue.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:50 AM
CK_32

Not trying to thread Jack.

But does anyone know the bag delete for the pass side? Mine has deployed and im thinking of just deleting it all together. I tried to patch it but the leather is just not cooperating. Thinking of just making a fiber glass or plastic panel to cover it.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:27 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by CK_32
Not trying to thread Jack.

But does anyone know the bag delete for the pass side? Mine has deployed and im thinking of just deleting it all together. I tried to patch it but the leather is just not cooperating. Thinking of just making a fiber glass or plastic panel to cover it.
Just realize that if you do that and sell the car with a deleted airbag without fully disclosing it to the buyer, in the State of California, you've committed a felony.

In 2009, a San Diego couple was awarded $15 million dollars from an auto repair shop because their son was killed in a car accident due to a fraudulent air bag that was filled with paper instead of a new air bag. In a situation where you intentionally remove the airbag associated with your trim level, which determines expectations a consumer would have by purchasing it, you could face severe civil liability if you don't have a signed document that clearly states both parties fully understand the condition of the SRS when the vehicle is transferred. This would also apply if you try to trade the car in at a dealership without disclosing the airbag delete.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:36 PM
ridered929rr

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow!! Great info

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Just realize that if you do that and sell the car with a deleted airbag without fully disclosing it to the buyer, in the State of California, you've committed a felony.

In 2009, a San Diego couple was awarded $15 million dollars from an auto repair shop because their son was killed in a car accident due to a fraudulent air bag that was filled with paper instead of a new air bag. In a situation where you intentionally remove the airbag associated with your trim level, which determines expectations a consumer would have by purchasing it, you could face severe civil liability if you don't have a signed document that clearly states both parties fully understand the condition of the SRS when the vehicle is transferred. This would also apply if you try to trade the car in at a dealership without disclosing the airbag delete.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:47 PM
CK_32

Originally Posted by zakmartin

Roger that.

But that sounds more like a bait and switch scam and some major particulars that made that case were probably present. Also I doubt a dealership will ever be in its future being its salvaged title haha

Appreciate the heads up and solid info tho. Good fun fact to know. Ill be sure to disclose it if I ever do sell it.