Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Weekend Maintenance (brakes, diff brace, etc )

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:30 PM
NissanTracker

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Weekend Maintenance (brakes, diff brace, etc )

Soooo.... My wife gave me the day off today by taking our 3 year old out for a birthday party. Quickly broke out the jack and tools and got some work done on the Nismo

I replaced the rear rotors and pads with Stop tech slotted. After following Stop Techs 60 mph break in, I must say I'm very pleased. Finally tightened the ebrake as well.

The injected performance differential brace went in. I did not get much driving time with it, but for the 10 minutes going to pick up milk, it felt awesome. I did notice some very low frequency noises added, but can barely tell. The aluminum subframe hole which it installs to had to be grounded down a bit, well worth the effort.

Added some PIAA silicon wipers... Never knew wipers can be that great

I also did the first stage polish from Chemical guys... V32. I picked up their Porter Cable 7424 XP kit with the V line polishers. Very time consuming

Next weekend will be stage 2 polish, tranny and diff fluid replacement. If I can squeeze enough time, I'll yank the front bumper off and install the injen CAI long tubes. Some test pipes will compliment after when I get the fund for a tune,