Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Squeaking noise from front wheel possibly both

Old 09-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Spears Is Faded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking noise from front wheel possibly both

So when I'm driving (not braking, that's a whole another story) my car makes a constant squeaking like noise. Very certain it is coming from my front river side wheel and possibly the passenger side. I don't know if maybe this issue is because my rotors are going bad which I suspect they are since I hear the grinding noise when I do brake like I've heard the last time before I replaced my rotors and pads which I don't understand why they'd be bad already since it wasn't that long ago. I suspect my calipers trashed them which probably need to be replaced but that's a whole different problem. My main concern is this random squeaking like noise that has started all of a sudden that I've never heard my car make before. I did just recent replace my struts on both sides myself, and to be honest I was literally pushing/jumping down on my floating hub in order to pry off the old strut and to pry on my new one, so maybe that may have damaged something? Some people are suggesting a bad wheel bearing? Any one have any ideas on this squeaking noise. I have a video where you can hear it. I'll post it so you can understand what I'm talking about.

http://sendvid.com/zk0hbhq3
Old 09-14-2016, 03:10 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You shouldn't have to push that hard on the hub to get the strut in. If anything I've always had to lift on the hub to get the lower strut mount to line up on cars. I don't remember having any issues with the Z when I did it other than getting the rear springs out.

Have you jacked the car up and spun the wheel/checked everything out?

Take it to a professional.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 AM
Spears Is Faded

Originally Posted by 92K1500
You shouldn't have to push that hard on the hub to get the strut in. If anything I've always had to lift on the hub to get the lower strut mount to line up on cars. I don't remember having any issues with the Z when I did it other than getting the rear springs out.

Have you jacked the car up and spun the wheel/checked everything out?

Take it to a professional.
No I haven't had the chance to jack it up and check it out. I get what you're saying about jacking the hub up to line it up because that's what I did when I finally did get the new strut on. When I replaced the strut I did it the hard way by unbolting the U-shaped control arm (I think that's what it is) that sits above it. All I know is that sound is really annoying and very unflattering.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:11 AM
Spears Is Faded

UPDATE: I found a solution to the problem. The strut/strut mount needed to be lubed/greased