Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Broken Door Pull

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Distilled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Door Pull

Hey folks.

I've done some research and I'm hoping you can help me confirm what's gone wrong here.

My 350Z's driver door no longer opens from the outside. The inside opens just fine.

From what I've read, I'm assuming it's either a cable or the actual handle mechanism.

I don't think the actual handle component is damaged, but I'm not sure, either.

Is there any way I can easily determine exactly what's wrong? I tried looking for a tutorial (I found a great one for the fateful clicking rear axle issue which I'm also fighting with) but I wasn't able to come up with much.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:44 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Open the door from the inside, take the interior door trim off and inspect the handle mechanism.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:51 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

If it's not opening from outside only, suggest taking off the door handle and inspecting. Only two bolts holding it on. Possible that the little metal rod that goes between the actual handle and the actuator has fallen out or if the door handle itself is whonked, you'll see it. Nissan uses CPP* for the connections on our doors.

Here: https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...placement.html (Taking note that there is correction in the thread but I'll mention it here: It's a 10mm bolt head NOT 11mm as stated in first post of the DIY)

*Cheap Plastic Parts (The metal parts themselves rarely break.)