Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Rear marker light issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:51 PM
jcrow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear marker light issue

I have an issue with my rear passenger side marker light. It's only the lower marker light not the maker/brake light (the one that illuminates the triangle area). It will come on sometimes but other times you have to give it a little love tap to make it come on. I was just wondering if this is a common issue and where to start on fixing it? The bulb possibly not being plugged all the way in? A short in the wires? As far as I can tell everything is still factory except the K&N cone air filter. I am a z33 noob only owned her for about 2 months love her to death and just joined this site, this is actually my first post. Thank you to whoever is willing to help!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:44 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

How could anyone possibly answer that question? Maybe the bulb is loose, or failing, or maybe the wiring harness is loose, or corroded. Take it apart and have a look. This is pretty basic stuff.

In any case, welcome to the forum, and maybe post a fe pics of the "new" Z when you can.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:30 AM
jcrow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man I know the best thing is to pull it apart and see but I was mainly trying to see if this was a common issue that happens that has a common fix