Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Idle issue, boggs down and goes back up. Can't find the issue & no cel

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 11:13 AM
simplydrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle issue, boggs down and goes back up. Can't find the issue & no cel

Hey guys, I just started noticing lately that my idle has been a little off (going up to about 800-1000 rpms then dropping to about 400-500 and then proceeding to do the process over and over again. I first noticed it about 2 weeks ago and has been getting progressively worse/more common on every trip. I noticed my ac stopped working so I thought maybe the clutch was seizing up and taking power from the engine so I cut the belt off to see if this would maybe fix the issue (it didn't). Also when the radiator fans kick on is when the problem really gets bad (almost died in the drive thru this morning). I have recently replaced the spark plugs, oil, k&n air filter, cleaned the maf sensor, cleaned the throttle body, and ran some injector cleaner thru it with no luck whatsoever. You guys think it might be the alternator not supplying enough power? My gauges are reading fine, besides the rpm gauge of course. Thanks in advance, I'm just running out of ideas here.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:29 PM
simplydrift

Default Bump

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:46 PM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did this issue start after you cleaned your throttle body?
if so try to relearn your idle. The procedure is posted on here somewhere.doesnt
sound like an alternator issue.If your in cabin gauge is reading 13.9-14.5 you're for sure ok on that front.Also you could have an intake leak too.Try the idle
relearn first though.Good luck

Last edited by NissanZcrazy; 03-07-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:08 PM
simplydrift

I cleaned the throttle body after the problem started. Thanks for the help I will try relearning the throttle body as well