Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

The "Look what i got TODAY!" Thread! Post them up guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Electricchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug your Z looks badass but you need to get that sucka detailed someday!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
Man I dunno how you guys buy so much stuff all the time, especially you guys in college still. I havent bought anything in almost a year now, its getting sad...
+1 I know I was poor as chit in college. There were months I had only a few dollars to my name and the next paycheck was weeks away You kids in school buying up all these suff must have loving parents who are subsidizing your living and other expenditures. This is not a hate on young people post, it's just an observation because the math doesn't add up.

Originally Posted by Electricchild
+1 take care of those swirlies man
Old 06-05-2007, 09:16 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn Doug, your Z it hot. So hot, if you were near here, i'd give you a free detail for the heck of it. I can buff those swirls out in no time.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
+1 I know I was poor as chit in college. There were months I had only a few dollars to my name and the next paycheck was weeks away You kids in school buying up all these suff must have loving parents who are subsidizing your living and other expenditures. This is not a hate on young people post, it's just an observation because the math doesn't add up.
I think in part it has much to do with the jobs and amount of endurance and time management one is able to put up with. Example

I take out loans for my tuition but I do spend about $400-$500 on books every 3 months (quarter system). My rent is $250 (staying with parents but they make me pay rent...gay! lol). Car payment is $310/month and my insurance is $200/month for the Z + my beater ('93 Infiniti g20 POS) Misc expenses like gas/food/phone bills/mods and hanging out adds to about $500ish?

My previous job was at an luxury apartment realtor and I worked 24 hours a week but mostly replies on commission (and I have to work Sat AND Sun - very lame) for the past 4 years. I make really good money because of the amount of apartments I rent every month.

My current job (2 weeks now) is more relaxing. I'm a debt collector for a big law firm in Seattle and we collect on accounts for large banks - mostly debt purchasers. Now I'm working 30 hours a week and no comission but I am getting the weekends off - which I think is worth much more.

Bottomline is putting up with working 30 hours/week and studying and building up a good resume to get better paying jobs instead of taking the more relaxing approach. Yeah I could work at the mall and make $8 an hour, drive an accord and get tons of free time for hanging out and studying...but I rather drive the Z, mod it, and build up a better resume even if it's more challenging.

Though I do envy those who has their parents paying for their college expenses and/or their Z
Old 06-06-2007, 05:17 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Electricchild

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
Damn Doug, your Z it hot. So hot, if you were near here, i'd give you a free detail for the heck of it. I can buff those swirls out in no time.

thanks guys.. i am actually waiting to get my new rims before i do anything body wise.. i need to repaint the front bumper and paint the hood also.

these POS RPM's are chiping all over... not even a year I ordered some 19" Work VS-XX black with chrome lip.. design is the exact same as these.. hopefully soon ..

here are some interior shots

Top TV Screen is gone now instead for HKS EVC for my high and low boost maps on the fly

I am secure enough in my sexuality to own speakers named Rainbow

need to tint my back glass soon

RE Sub's

AlvinHuyN i am so jealous of your brakes.. i love them.. i want them but right now i have to chill out on my spending.. but thats next on my list.. and they are so sexy in red
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 AM
doug

Man I dunno how you guys buy so much stuff all the time, especially you guys in college still. I havent bought anything in almost a year now, its getting sad...
man i don't even know where to start.. i bought my first car.. Geo Prism at age 21.. i was kicked out the house at 19.. worked my *** off in college and working part time at IBM.. totalled the prism in a couple months.. was walking for a couple years.. trains, bus, whatever it took.. sometimes walking for 2 hours to save money or i just didn't have any. Things didn't really turn around for me till about age 26 .. i am 29 now.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by doug
man i don't even know where to start.. i bought my first car.. Geo Prism at age 21.. i was kicked out the house at 19.. worked my *** off in college and working part time at IBM.. totalled the prism in a couple months.. was walking for a couple years.. trains, bus, whatever it took.. sometimes walking for 2 hours to save money or i just didn't have any. Things didn't really turn around for me till about age 26 .. i am 29 now.
+1 man parents cut me off after hs. Went to college with only my savings and no car . Walked, bummed rides, biked for 2 years until I was able to buy a civic. I was making $12-$15/hr at my job but my dad screwed me the first couple of years by claiming me therefore I couldn't get chit in student loans. I basically had to work 40hrs/week and took full course loads of 12-15 hrs each semester. I must be out of school too long because we didn't refer to the semesters as quarters back then. Ramen noodles saved my life.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 AM
taurran

wtf doug.. you should spend less time trolling the forums and eating goats and more time detailing your car.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
SweetDreamZ

Alvin...

what sides are rear are you going with??? DB with v2 on the front...i'm a big fan of...of course i'm biased Car looks great...keep it up!!

Name:  MyZWithLidsandGunmetalRims.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  104.3 KB
Old 06-06-2007, 05:46 AM
doug

stop following me around Craig.. for once let me be nice in 1 thread on this forum
Old 06-06-2007, 06:02 AM
ARCGuy

New AMD Opteron 175 Dual core processor to replace my aging Athlon 64 +3700. Gotta keep that socket 939 alive just a little longer while I wait for AMD to come out with a reasonable competition for the Core 2 Duo and maybe actually force Intel to play at price wars again. Cuz frankly I'm not loving the idea of dumping close to $1000 down the crapper to upgrade to an AM2 or LGA 775 until I know which is actually going to be worth my time and money.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 AM
doug

bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

bike parts..

Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
Alvin...

what sides are rear are you going with??? DB with v2 on the front...i'm a big fan of...of course i'm biased Car looks great...keep it up!!
Thanks bro! Yours looking nice as well. I already have the entire Nismo kit and spoiler so the V2 is just to spice thing up versus the v1 front. I have a pic of my car on the sig and my cardomain there as well
Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
k3silk

lol what did you lay it down?
Originally Posted by doug
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

bike parts..

Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
doug

Originally Posted by k3silk
lol what did you lay it down?
the brake pedal my buddy did that when he laid down his 600RR 3 years ago and hasn't rode it since its a 2003 and it had 3000 miles on it when i picked it up to fix it... i put 1500 miles on it in 2 weeks

the foot peg i did when i thought it was on the kick stand and got off it and it fell over on the left side.. he wasn't too happy about that
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 PM
vispre

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Alvin, how did your AUT eyelids fit? Been reading some peopel experienceing fitment problems (wont sit flush etc) with them.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
clipso 01

all i got was a bunch of fuggin bills
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
SweetDreamZ

mail was good to me today....

Name:  NewParts.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  subs.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  51.9 KB
Name:  brakepads.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  73.3 KB
Name:  windowmotors.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  46.2 KB

Another $1k on the car....eh, i guess it happens...
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
gNaRKiLL

Dub 7's eh? I used to rock the dub 6 back in the day. its nice to see that jl actually makes their products look nice now. Those dub 7's are rediculous though. Those are dub 7's right?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
SweetDreamZ

Dub 7's eh? I used to rock the dub 6 back in the day. its nice to see that jl actually makes their products look nice now. Those dub 7's are rediculous though. Those are dub 7's right?

sure are...they are only 8"...but my buddy had a single 10W7 with a JL1000/1 and it was WAY louder than the 2x12" kicker solobaric L7's that I rocked in my old car. So...I figured 2 8"s would fit nicely...and definitely pack enough punch for my needs...

Quick Reply: The "Look what i got TODAY!" Thread! Post them up guys!