Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

VQpoweredZ's 2006 Magnetic Black 350z

Old 05-08-2011, 05:43 AM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz
So simple and so clean!
Thanks Wais appreciate it man! Paypal sure takes a long time to verify that charge for your premier membership . I've been meaning to upgrade as well.

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Thanks dude... I've always loved GT-S' and I've never owned a set
Haha, you should get a set, so you could lay out another set of nice wheels on your front yard. That picture was priceless.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VQpoweredZ
Thanks Wais appreciate it man! Paypal sure takes a long time to verify that charge for your premier membership . I've been meaning to upgrade as well.

Haha, you should get a set, so you could lay out another set of nice wheels on your front yard. That picture was priceless.
For sure Dan!

I'm just waiting for confirmation from IB since I've already been charged by Paypal, they have 22 days to confirm my sale or I get refunded
Old 05-08-2011, 04:34 PM
VQpoweredZ

For sure Dan!

I'm just waiting for confirmation from IB since I've already been charged by Paypal, they have 22 days to confirm my sale or I get refunded
Hopefully everything works out for you, seems like it shouldn't be that hard to verify but I guess thats just how things go.

Heres some more random pics!

Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 05-10-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Soooooo clean. You can stop there...I don't think it gets much better. The ride height actually looks pretty good as is IMO.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
VQpoweredZ

Originally Posted by sry110
Soooooo clean. You can stop there...I don't think it gets much better. The ride height actually looks pretty good as is IMO.
Thanks man it means a lot. I love how conveniently low it is now, I don't really have to change much about how I drive, so thats nice. But I would like to bring the front and rear down so there is no actual gap from the tire to the fender, it isn't much now but that can change in time though.

What are you planning for your car next?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I picked up a set of Work Equips... I'll add those to the pic next time.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
VQpoweredZ

I picked up a set of Work Equips... I'll add those to the pic next time.
That makes 4 sets of high end wheels. Thats great!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:46 AM
sry110

Thanks man it means a lot. I love how conveniently low it is now, I don't really have to change much about how I drive, so thats nice. But I would like to bring the front and rear down so there is no actual gap from the tire to the fender, it isn't much now but that can change in time though.

What are you planning for your car next?
Heading into R/T next thursday to get a set of OEM Brembo's and new rotors, SS lines and fluid installed. Then it's probably trying to figure out how to decrease the effective slope of the end of my driveway so I can get coilovers (and F+R camber kits) and go lower.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:31 AM
VQpoweredZ

Heading into R/T next thursday to get a set of OEM Brembo's and new rotors, SS lines and fluid installed. Then it's probably trying to figure out how to decrease the effective slope of the end of my driveway so I can get coilovers (and F+R camber kits) and go lower.
Nice, upgrading the brakes is on my to do list. They'll look great on your car.

Me and you both though man, my driveway wouldn't be bad if there wasn't a slope on the entrance. No matter how much of an angle I go in at, the slope is still very close to hitting my lip. I'll have to get a pic of what i'm talking about. I have less than a half inch in between the lip and slope of the driveway when at the most extreme angle.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:31 AM
sry110

Nice, upgrading the brakes is on my to do list. They'll look great on your car.

Me and you both though man, my driveway wouldn't be bad if there wasn't a slope on the entrance. No matter how much of an angle I go in at, the slope is still very close to hitting my lip. I'll have to get a pic of what i'm talking about. I have less than a half inch in between the lip and slope of the driveway when at the most extreme angle.
Yup, here's what I have to work with coming straight out on the Hotchkis springs (i.e. weaksauce drop):
EDIT: This was my old Veilside V1 lip, but I doubt the Mine's lip is much better of a situation.

I almost didn't buy this house because of the driveway, but ultimately decided that was a pretty immature move so I've just been dealing with it for 3 years.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
VQpoweredZ

Yup, here's what I have to work with coming straight out on the Hotchkis springs (i.e. weaksauce drop):
EDIT: This was my old Veilside V1 lip, but I doubt the Mine's lip is much better of a situation.

I almost didn't buy this house because of the driveway, but ultimately decided that was a pretty immature move so I've just been dealing with it for 3 years.
Yea, the Mines is very comparable to the Veilside from all the pictures I see. I think backing out of your driveway and turning the wheel as much as you can will help you get some more clearance. You still have to go in the same way though, that might be a problem.

Here's two pictures my brother managed to shoot when I was going in the driveway the other day. This is what I have to deal with daily. Your driveway seems like it might be a bit more forgiving than mine, although still a hassle. It is the middle of the slope where the lip gets closest to the ground.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
sry110

Huh...yours does indeed look a bit steeper than mine. I'll have to try coming in forward at a steep angle tonight. Have you scraped yet since the coilover install?

What makes me super nervous is if it scrapes severely enough so that the bottom back edge of the lip (under the front bumper) would get caught on rough pavement and just tear off.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Your driveway looks annoying Dan because it's so narrow, you would probably tear aftermarket sideskirts right off too.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
VQpoweredZ

Huh...yours does indeed look a bit steeper than mine. I'll have to try coming in forward at a steep angle tonight. Have you scraped yet since the coilover install?

What makes me super nervous is if it scrapes severely enough so that the bottom back edge of the lip (under the front bumper) would get caught on rough pavement and just tear off.
I haven't scraped since the coilover install, i'm just always sure to go very slow and take the most extreme JDM angle I can . I think if you really make a conscious effort to go in at an angle it will give you more clearance. The best you can do is just be as careful as possible. You never know if something might just pop up on the road that destroys the lip.

Your driveway looks annoying Dan because it's so narrow, you would probably tear aftermarket sideskirts right off too.
Yea, I'm not sure how it would have been with my Nismo sideskirts it definitely would be very close. It's just a hassle, but I guess there could be worse things happen. I'm just glad at the very least I could get a small drop and still get in the driveway.

Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 05-09-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Dude your driveway is pretty steep and narrow... I wouldn't make it.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 AM
henwhee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so cleannnn i love it!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:57 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats nothing. i'll post pics of my driveway one day. all you guys will shat when you see what i go through
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
VQpoweredZ

Dude your driveway is pretty steep and narrow... I wouldn't make it.
Haha, I know right, its terrible. Aftermarket bumpers that hang a bit lower are definitely a no go on my driveway, especially my old Aerosync. I couldn't imagine if I lowered my car with that bumper; it probably would hit every time. I'll get a pic of when my car gets the closest to the hitting on the slope. It looks pretty terrible.

Originally Posted by henwhee
so cleannnn i love it!
Thanks man, thats the look I aim for. I always try to keep it clean and nothing too over the top.

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
thats nothing. i'll post pics of my driveway one day. all you guys will shat when you see what i go through
I hope you have a wider driveway entrance so you could take a better angle. It's amazing what we have to go through to lower our cars. I don't think I could go any lower without hitting the lip though. I've tried everything possible to get more clearance.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
MYN1SMO

Park it on the street, or somewhere nearby. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
Challenge accepted, mine is bananas too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VQpoweredZ's 2006 Magnetic Black 350z