Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Toby22's M3

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:33 PM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OEM wheels definitely look better, good choice.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
BSERIEuS

keep up the baullin work.

i just landed a new gig...and I am waiting for it to become a more permanent job. if that ends up being the case....i might see you on the M3forums. haha

p.s. i liked both sets of wheels. i guess....i'm more of a fan with the aftermarket ones b/c it makes it stand out from the rest of the M3's that you see rolling around.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Kal_El

///M looks great so far!

I miss my Z way more than I like ///M, but it is a great car.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Car looks awesome with the new wheels, very clean. Maybe fresh coat of paint for the bumper and hood next or are those just bug guts?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VQpoweredZ
OEM wheels definitely look better, good choice.
Thanks, i think so too

Originally Posted by BSERIEuS
keep up the baullin work.

i just landed a new gig...and I am waiting for it to become a more permanent job. if that ends up being the case....i might see you on the M3forums. haha

p.s. i liked both sets of wheels. i guess....i'm more of a fan with the aftermarket ones b/c it makes it stand out from the rest of the M3's that you see rolling around.
Thanks, i try. And i never cared for being unique, as you can tell by my previous wheels (LMGT4, SF Challenge, TE37, LE37). I go by what looks good to me, and thats it

Originally Posted by Kal_El
///M looks great so far!

I miss my Z way more than I like ///M, but it is a great car.
Thanks, maybe bcs your Z was F/I But your Z was pretty baller.

Its hard for me to miss my Z when im surrounded by little punk kids who bought their Z for under $10k and add $200 set of aftermarket wheels or some ebay spaceship taillights. Theres like 20 of them in this base, makes the rest of us look bad. But i do miss my Z deep down

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Car looks awesome with the new wheels, very clean. Maybe fresh coat of paint for the bumper and hood next or are those just bug guts?

Most of the ones you see are just bugs lol. And thanks, clean + aggressie is what im going for. Want to keep my car as OEM as possible.

Last edited by Toby-22; 10-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks real good with the OEM wheels. I like where you're going with the aggressive-OEM look.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Kal_El

Originally Posted by Toby-22
Thanks, maybe bcs your Z was F/I But your Z was pretty baller.

Its hard for me to miss my Z when im surrounded by little punk kids who bought their Z for under $10k and add $200 set of aftermarket wheels or some ebay spaceship taillights. Theres like 20 of them in this base, makes the rest of us look bad. But i do miss my Z deep down.
hehehe...yeah the PE kit was so much fun, I miss it everyday, unfortunately the scene has gotten a bit ridiculous, but there are still plenty of nice Z's out there. You can make people respect the Z if done right.... There is more and more crap in the M world too so it happens everywhere. I have the same handle on m3forum.net.... hit me up.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Toby-22

Originally Posted by sry110
Looks real good with the OEM wheels. I like where you're going with the aggressive-OEM look.

hehehe...yeah the PE kit was so much fun, I miss it everyday, unfortunately the scene has gotten a bit ridiculous, but there are still plenty of nice Z's out there. You can make people respect the Z if done right.... There is more and more crap in the M world too so it happens everywhere. I have the same handle on m3forum.net.... hit me up.
idk man, i've never seen a riced e46 m3 yet in person. I've seen maybe 2 riced m3's in the internet and they had serious money put into them. All i see are stock e46 m3's around town, which is a good thing. However I see more riced/cheaply modded 350z's around than stock ones And it has been somewhat accepted on the forums..."they" have taken over

but a clean and tastefully modded Z with good amount of $ put into it will always be a head turner to me
Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 PM
zerostyle

You prolly had alot of buildup around your hub...everytime we had to remove wheels on bmws we usually gotta kick em off those things don budge. Btw oems look good!! Mounting pilot sports on those wheels are PITA thought id share lol
Old 10-20-2011, 08:51 PM
VQpoweredZ

idk man, i've never seen a riced e46 m3 yet in person. I've seen maybe 2 riced m3's in the internet and they had serious money put into them. All i see are stock e46 m3's around town, which is a good thing. However I see more riced/cheaply modded 350z's around than stock ones And it has been somewhat accepted on the forums..."they" have taken over

but a clean and tastefully modded Z with good amount of $ put into it will always be a head turner to me

This is very true, I usually don't see too many m3's that are riced out. Sometimes it isn't the best looking, but there most likely is a bit of money invested in the car.

What are your thoughts on Laguna Seca Blue? I didn't like it at first, but the color really has grown on me when modded correctly.

Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 10-20-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Kal_El

LSB is a nice color, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart because its loud. When done right an LSB M looks great
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Kal_El

Most E46 M3s I see are stock as well.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Toby-22

Originally Posted by VQpoweredZ
This is very true, I usually don't see too many m3's that are riced out. Sometimes it isn't the best looking, but there most likely is a bit of money invested in the car.

What are your thoughts on Laguna Seca Blue? I didn't like it at first, but the color really has grown on me when modded correctly.

I love the LSB, its unique and everyone will know you have an M3 from a mile away. I even like the phoenix yellow (which most people hate). The only 4 colors i'd own for an m3 are black, white, LSB, and phoenix yellow.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Toby-22

Most E46 M3s I see are stock as well.
yes and that to me is a huge selling point. M3 has been out since 2001 and it's still out of reach from most cheap ricers. I'd much rather see a clean stock 350z than most modded ones i see on this forum '

Majority of the "modded" 350z's i see on this forum or around the area consist of the following

1. led sidemarkers + smoked 03-05 headlights/taillights + headlight eyelids + stock everything = not a good look
-Solution: if you have light fetish, go buy 06+ bixenon headlights/taillights and let it be. But they wont bcs theyre too cheap for real mods

2. Spray painted door handles, spray painted stock wheels, spray painted emblems, spray painted interior trims, on stock 350z
-Solution: if you have spray paint fetish, find a wall and have at it. Leave your car alone, spray painting as much as you can on your car doesnt make you unique. It makes you look cheap and stupid. Plus it shows you have nothing else to do with your life.

3. Ebay headlights, Ebay taillights, Ebay exhaust, Ebay shift ****, Mesh grill, Eye Lids, Ebay Z emblems,
-Solution: if you have ebay brand fetish, buy a civic.

4. Aftermarket front bumper + stock everything, Aftermarket full bodykit + stock wheels, Aftermarket bodykit + $200 "aftermarket rims with fwd fitment", etc...
-Solution: if you want to make your car look like a porsche, gtr, or whatever spaceship you saw on star trek, dont buy a 350z. Get a 240 for half the price and save $$$

5. Hellaflush with cheap wheels and stretch tires but isnt even that flush. Oh and stickers!!!
-Solution: if you can't do it right get off the bandwagon.
This is pretty much the Z's of today consist of

Last edited by Toby-22; 10-21-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
zete350

Hey Toby!

I thought your SN on E46fanatics looked familiar. I, too, went from a Z to an E46 M3. I had a Tacoma in between the two, though. Your M is looking sweet. Keep up the good work brotha. Hopefully I'll see you on fanatics from time to time.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:32 AM
zete350

I also see Kal El posting over there too. Both your cars look great. Glad I'm not the only one from the Z family that made the switch. Not that there's anything wrong with the Z. I still miss it.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM
bbs350z

m's are sexy as hell. half the time i wish i wouldve picked one up instead of my m35x, but at the same time i know id be 10k+ deep in mods with it
Old 10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
zete350

Originally Posted by bbs350z
m's are sexy as hell. half the time i wish i wouldve picked one up instead of my m35x, but at the same time i know id be 10k+ deep in mods with it
I know what you're saying. I've had the car for less than a month and I've spent nearly $2k already modding the thing. I hope I don't keep up this rate or I'll be living in a cardboard box for the next few years. It's a bug that I can't kick, though.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Kal_El

Originally Posted by zete350
I also see Kal El posting over there too. Both your cars look great. Glad I'm not the only one from the Z family that made the switch. Not that there's anything wrong with the Z. I still miss it.
Hey what's up man... you post m3f? hit me up.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Kal_El

yes and that to me is a huge selling point. M3 has been out since 2001 and it's still out of reach from most cheap ricers. I'd much rather see a clean stock 350z than most modded ones i see on this forum '

Majority of the "modded" 350z's i see on this forum or around the area consist of the following

1. led sidemarkers + smoked 03-05 headlights/taillights + headlight eyelids + stock everything = not a good look
-Solution: if you have light fetish, go buy 06+ bixenon headlights/taillights and let it be. But they wont bcs theyre too cheap for real mods

2. Spray painted door handles, spray painted stock wheels, spray painted emblems, spray painted interior trims, on stock 350z
-Solution: if you have spray paint fetish, find a wall and have at it. Leave your car alone, spray painting as much as you can on your car doesnt make you unique. It makes you look cheap and stupid. Plus it shows you have nothing else to do with your life.

3. Ebay headlights, Ebay taillights, Ebay exhaust, Ebay shift ****, Mesh grill, Eye Lids, Ebay Z emblems,
-Solution: if you have ebay brand fetish, buy a civic.

4. Aftermarket front bumper + stock everything, Aftermarket full bodykit + stock wheels, Aftermarket bodykit + $200 "aftermarket rims with fwd fitment", etc...
-Solution: if you want to make your car look like a porsche, gtr, or whatever spaceship you saw on star trek, dont buy a 350z. Get a 240 for half the price and save $$$

5. Hellaflush with cheap wheels and semi aggressive wheels. Oh and stickers!!!
-Solution: if you can't do it right get off the bandwagon.
This is pretty much the Z's of today consist of

LOL... yeah that will do it. I really dislike the whole hella flush whatever the crap, but to each their own. It defeats the purpose of the Z... your Z was clean.

Quick Reply: Toby22's M3