Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)

Old 12-15-2013, 12:12 PM
DrummerGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worked on installing the leather seat covers today, also changed the turn signal bulb (one went out), installed my grill on my v2 bumper, and installed my damd cf diffuser. All that's left for the exterior is the evo-r half carbon spoiler and CF sides.
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0392.jpg   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0393.jpg   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0395.png   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0396.png  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:45 PM
DrummerGirl

Finally rained today. Got to work a little more on the passengers seat. Bottom cushion is done. The top cushion's inseems are done, I just need to finish up the sides.
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0415.jpg   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0524.png   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0540.jpg   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0541.jpg  
Old 12-22-2013, 10:02 AM
DrummerGirl

Finished the passengers seat and I'm loving it. Brings a whole new look to the cabin! I plan on slowly adding more suede/leather and red stitching throughout the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0566.jpg   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0563.jpg  
Old 12-22-2013, 10:45 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Looks good.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:22 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Good progress drummer girl. Leaving it out in the sun will help tighten up the leather a little more and reduce the wrinkles as well. Over the course of the last year my leather has tightened up a good bit and it looks factory at this point. When I first installed it I used a heat gun to accelerate the shrinkage of the leather. It helped a little but not as much as time and sun.

Question, does your car have side factory airbags? I ask because if you do the leather seat covers should have come with a loop of fabric on the inside where they would line up w the airbags. That loop is used to attach to the bars inside the seat and tell the airbags what direction to deploy in. I didn't know that and mistakenly cut mine like an idiot when I installed mine. I plan on fixing that at some point in the future.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:13 PM
DrummerGirl

I don't have side airbags, but I thought I did when I ordered the seats so mine came with the fabric piece and I wasn't sure what to do with it (It's just kinda dangling on the inside now). When I installed the seat back in though, the airbag light stayed on so IDK what's going on with that.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:30 AM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Just reseat the connectors under the seat and see if that helps. If not there is a process you can perform to reset, not sure if it's the ecu or something else. I remember googling and finding it. After performing the procedure my issue went away. I don't remember if I linked to it in my thread but double check. Also, did u disconnect the car battery before removing your seats?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:56 AM
DrummerGirl

Yes, I disconnected the battery before and after I installed them. I'll look for the reset procedure though I didn't realize there was something specific I had to do for that.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 AM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car is looking good. Keep it up. Love the wheels.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:17 PM
DrummerGirl

Thanks!

No major updates lately. Long story short the battery just went out on me and I decided to get a new one this morning. When I pulled out the OEM battery I was pretty shocked to see how much corrosion and leaking was going on with the battery. I was VERY surprised when I started my car after the install. Usually it takes a second for it to actually ignite, but wow! The car turned on way quicker with this new battery and it felt like the car was running a lot better. (I went with an optima yellow top)

The tabs under my bumper for some reason came off and my undershroud is basically ripped apart, so first thing I'm going to buy when I get some money is definitely gonna be an aluminum undershroud. Probably not gonna have many mods for a while since I just had to pay for my next semester and textbooks lol but hopefully I can sell my headlights to finish off my last "few" things haha.

And finally big thanks to Russ who was my partner in the my350z gift exhange! I recieved a package in the mail and here's what was in it! I'm super stoked because my car has been pretty nasty lately and I've been needing to give it a good detailing session.
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_0653.jpg  
Old 12-28-2013, 06:25 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Gotta love a new Optima battery. I just got mine this last summer.

So far, your car is looking great. I love the CF accents and your N1 exhaust.

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 AM
DrummerGirl

Appreciate the kind words!
I ordered a Z1 Aluminum undershroud and the blitz style half carbon spoiler from the Z store so nothing major lately. I got promoted (YAY!) and I managed to get a full week off work (DOUBLE YAY!) so I'm planning on just repainting the door switch covers and doing minor repairs/maintenance during that week.

I noticed my windshield wiper reservoir doesn't work...I've actually never used it while I've had my car and only noticed it recently. Should I just fix it or pull it out all together?

I think the next thing I want done is tint but I really can't decide on what to do. I'm thinking 35 in the front windows, 20 on the quarter window/rear? Anyone have any input on this? I'm in cali so ANY tint on front windows is illegal.

Last edited by DrummerGirl; 01-06-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM
DrummerGirl

Here's pics of the spoiler mocked up to see whether I want to paint it or not. It came "unpainted" in gloss black so I thought I'd try and see if I like it like this but I'm probably going to paint it silverstone and leave the bottom CF.
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-photo-1.png   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-photo-2.png   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-photo-3.png  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 AM
07maximan

Love the spoiler. You said you got it from the Z store? How long did it take you to get it? It seems like every time I want to buy some thing from them its out of stock..
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM
07maximan

Originally Posted by DrummerGirl
Appreciate the kind words!
I ordered a Z1 Aluminum undershroud and the blitz style half carbon spoiler from the Z store so nothing major lately. I got promoted (YAY!) and I managed to get a full week off work (DOUBLE YAY!) so I'm planning on just repainting the door switch covers and doing minor repairs/maintenance during that week.

I noticed my windshield wiper reservoir doesn't work...I've actually never used it while I've had my car and only noticed it recently. Should I just fix it or pull it out all together?

I think the next thing I want done is tint but I really can't decide on what to do. I'm thinking 35 in the front windows, 20 on the quarter window/rear? Anyone have any input on this? I'm in cali so ANY tint on front windows is illegal.

On my Z I did 15 all around and 5 on the back. I like it,its dark but it looks good. I had 35 and I took it off because I wanted it darker. I live in Temecula where the cops have nothing to do and Ive never been hassled. I got a ticket once for a tinted license plate cover but never window tint. Hell, my sons best friends dad is CHP and he has his windows dark...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:03 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Pull the windshield reservoir out. Such weight reduction. No need. Stoner Invisible Glass ftw.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:03 AM
DrummerGirl

Lol, well if you wanna get stuff that they get from Evo-R, then yeah it'll most likely be out of stock. I ordered the carbon fiber door handles from them in July and after 3 months of waiting they still hadn't gotten a shipment so I just canceled my order.

It took me like 3 days to get this, but that's because I live right next to them. The trick is just to ask them if they have stock before ordering.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM
DrummerGirl

Originally Posted by 07maximan
On my Z I did 15 all around and 5 on the back. I like it,its dark but it looks good. I had 35 and I took it off because I wanted it darker. I live in Temecula where the cops have nothing to do and Ive never been hassled. I got a ticket once for a tinted license plate cover but never window tint. Hell, my sons best friends dad is CHP and he has his windows dark...
Did you have any trouble seeing at night? I think a dark tint would look really legit, but I was debating between 20 in the rear vs completely darked out because I was worried about visibility issues.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:10 AM
07maximan

Originally Posted by DrummerGirl
Did you have any trouble seeing at night? I think a dark tint would look really legit, but I was debating between 20 in the rear vs completely darked out because I was worried about visibility issues.
Yeah Im, not going to lie...some times its hard to see. Where I live there are some dark streets,but I just roll my window down. For me its worth it.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

I have 5% on my rear 3 and see fine anytime of day/night. I don't have any tint on my door glass so my side mirrors are never obstructed at night.

Tint tickets in SoCal are all about where you live.. And if you think it's worth it to pay for something and later possibly pay the State for making you remove it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)