Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

pretty sure all sway bar bushings are poly, no? i know the ones that came with my hotchkis were. and the ones i have with my current whiteline bars are.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:52 PM
DrummerGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, okay, I wasn't sure that the hotchkis came with them. I asked the shop I bought these from about if the bushings were included (from everything I saw, they were) before I bought them to make sure but when I asked him he said no. Maybe he was just confused? If that's the case it saves me the trouble anyways.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by DrummerGirl
Ah, okay, I wasn't sure that the hotchkis came with them. I asked the shop I bought these from about if the bushings were included (from everything I saw, they were) before I bought them to make sure but when I asked him he said no. Maybe he was just confused? If that's the case it saves me the trouble anyways.
The guy must have been confused, my hotchkis sways came with bushings.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Neeko94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hotchkis come withe the bushings and even two packets of grease for instal
Old 10-28-2014, 07:11 PM
DrummerGirl

Alright guys....I'd like to announce I'm officially parting my car out. I want to use the cash for bigger and better things.

See my thread in the So-Cal Marketplace if you see any goodies that were on my car that you might want to pick up! Appreciate the support and kind words through this build.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:49 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

They'll always be bigger and better...

Safe travels ...
Old 11-02-2014, 10:53 PM
DrummerGirl

Originally Posted by KingBaby
They'll always be bigger and better...

Safe travels ...
Thank you sir!
I'll probably be sticking around just until all my goodies are gone and will keep up to date with a few of the friends I've made on here but won't be too active.

I plan on going in to place my order on the new mustang next week and was told it would take 6-8 weeks to build. Everything should be fine from there, but I'm just waiting on the final word about what the insurance is going to be before I can commit. Haha I don't expect it to be too pretty on a V8 for a 19 year old...
Old 11-02-2014, 11:59 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

..., but I'm just waiting on the final word about what the insurance is going to be before I can commit. Haha I don't expect it to be too pretty on a V8 for a 19 year old...
Sorry to see you go, and good luck with next project... Buy is this the result of an accident?, hope everything is ok.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:07 AM
DrummerGirl

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Sorry to see you go, and good luck with next project... Buy is this the result of an accident?, hope everything is ok.
Nope, no accident at all. I got promoted and I've been wanting a 4 seater for a while now because I was getting tired of cramming people in my Z. The FR-S was what I had my eyes set on for a while but it's not very powerful so that kept me from pulling the trigger. After seeing the mustang in person I fell in love because it has everything I want (V8, manual transmission, leather seats, navigation, upgraded parts from track package, SPEEEED etc). There's very few cars I like in stock form and the new mustang really did it for me, that's all.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:27 PM
nextcore

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope, no accident at all. I got promoted and I've been wanting a 4 seater for a while now because I was getting tired of cramming people in my Z. The FR-S was what I had my eyes set on for a while but it's not very powerful so that kept me from pulling the trigger. After seeing the mustang in person I fell in love because it has everything I want (V8, manual transmission, leather seats, navigation, upgraded parts from track package, SPEEEED etc). There's very few cars I like in stock form and the new mustang really did it for me, that's all.
Congrats on your new promotion!
it's always nice to move up to bigger and better things. The FR-S is a great car but yeah i feel you on the lacking of power.. i guess because of the lack of power it makes up for it in balance.
Im not a big fan of mustangs but i do respect the new age Ford R&D put into their performance cars now (or cars in general). Good luck in your new position and car!
Old 11-03-2014, 05:52 PM
DrummerGirl

Thanks man.
I've already got my mods all picked out, haha. Vossen's, tint, springs and maybe a lip. I was surprised to see what Kelly blue book said I could supposedly get for trade in...11k or so which might be worth considering (since I don't really want to deal with tire kickers...) and I was only expecting 12k anyways.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:08 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Nice..not a bad call... the fr-s getting a bit overplayed, and its nice after a lot of mods... performance wise... the new mustang is quite nice
Old 11-05-2014, 09:56 PM
DrummerGirl

Yeah something about the new mustang really does it for me. Lowered, a tint, some rims and a lip and I'll be set. Shouldn't have to modify much more than that since I plan on getting it fully loaded so everything will be upgraded anyways.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Tenacious T

You say that now... LOL but modders always find SOMETHING to upgrade. Haha I told my wife the nismo edition had everything I wanted stock... 10K later and I still have a ton of mods on my list.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:43 PM
DrummerGirl

Yeaaaaah...the carbon lip is going to turn into a carbon lip kit that's going to turn into coilovers, and wheels, and a ton of other stuff haha. It also doesn't help that I'm surrounded by cars ALL day and when the next customer comes in with a modified 2015 mustang goodness knows I'm going to get bit by the mod bug hard.

Oh well, it's a newer platform and I've got a lot of connections now so I'm planning on getting things through sponsorship if I do end up modifying it, so it's all good.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Tenacious T

At least you're being realistic now ha. Nothing wrong with that, good luck with the new platform.