Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Project Interior Makeover... Sort of

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

might as well run slicks on the street too i guess...
Old 10-08-2015, 03:32 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Stock seat belts are also designed to reduce the G forces the body experiences in a front end collision by allowing your body to slightly move forward. A 4 or 5 point keeps your body in position and does not "give". Without a HANS device, your head is the only part of your body that moves in an accident.

A harness and 4 or 5 point belt is really only safe with a helmet and a HANS device. Extreme example, Dale Earnhardt and a 5 point with no HANS device.

guitman32 posted this in another thread:

Last edited by abarclay; 10-08-2015 at 06:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by abarclay:
guitman32 (10-29-2015), SR71 (10-11-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 10:37 PM
HoBrahYouStink

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Seats etc. Finally Came

The wait is finally over =)
  • Status GT
  • Grip Royal Mew
  • Graffiti Motorsports "K" Harness Bar
  • Takata Race 4
  • Status Brackets/side mounts/brackets
  • NRG hub/QR
Thank you 88Rotors and EnjukuRacing!
Attached Thumbnails Project Interior Makeover... Sort of-dsc_0675.jpg  
Old 10-26-2015, 03:40 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks nice OP.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:32 PM
HoBrahYouStink

*``

Last edited by HoBrahYouStink; 10-26-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 PM
HoBrahYouStink

Originally Posted by Pengu

Looks nice OP.
Thanks, its not bad. Shipping was kinda ^ there though lol
Old 10-27-2015, 11:34 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

parts looking good to me besides the steering wheel....don't like the wood.

@abarclay: i don't know if this makes any sense....people been using 4 point harnesses in cars for years now..without any Hans setup. think about the late 80s. and remember just a few years back when the Hans system wasn't invented! how did people survive that??? sooo to each there own...i would say.
btw when did this forum become so strange about people putting parts on their car??? i remember a few years ago most of the people here did this and no one was complaining about stuff like this.....
Old 10-28-2015, 06:21 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by XM 1

@abarclay: i don't know if this makes any sense....people been using 4 point harnesses in cars for years now..without any Hans setup. think about the late 80s. and remember just a few years back when the Hans system wasn't invented! how did people survive that??? sooo to each there own...i would say.
btw when did this forum become so strange about people putting parts on their car??? i remember a few years ago most of the people here did this and no one was complaining about stuff like this.....
Horrible wxample. Thats like saying, lets go back to the days before air bags and when we only had a 2 point lap belt.

No one is stopping op from doing this, his car, his money, we cant stop him if we try. What we are doing, is saying how stupid and ricer this is.

But different stroke for different folks, i like my life and i think its worth more than 5 jdm swag points.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:25 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

I see your point and totally agree. It's a car forum and all the OP is doing is sharing the parts he is buying and his build. I'm definitely not complaining, just trying to add some info to the conversation. Would I do this to my car, nope; but I can respect the OP for modding his car to his liking.
The following users liked this post:
XM 1 (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 AM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Horrible wxample. Thats like saying, lets go back to the days before air bags and when we only had a 2 point lap belt.

No one is stopping op from doing this, his car, his money, we cant stop him if we try. What we are doing, is saying how stupid and ricer this is.

But different stroke for different folks, i like my life and i think its worth more than 5 jdm swag points.

not saying it's save or what ever...i just don't get it why people start arguing about this there are more questionable things done to this car in this forum that no one is complaining about....with that said i will now shut up before this thing goes somewhere nasty
Old 10-28-2015, 09:34 AM
turboed350z

not saying it's save or what ever...i just don't get it why people start arguing about this there are more questionable things done to this car in this forum that no one is complaining about....with that said i will now shut up before this thing goes somewhere nasty
No one is arguing. We were simply stating facts that its dangerous. Then people who are ignorant on the subject (not using the word ignorant as an insult) tried to chime in.

Im just saying that these cars already arent exactly the safest, why remove what safety feature it has and make it even more dangerous in the even of a crash. This could mean being able to walk away from a crash and being carried away in a body bag.

Personally, my car has no need for its so i wont add it. I rather have air bags then swag points. I see no point is adding this to a street car. Just typical wanna be racers, which in my eyes are ricers. Might as well add big wings and 20 inch chrone wheels with stick on vents.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:30 AM
J_Nismo04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo

I am looking for nismo seats if anyone is selling pm me
Old 06-24-2016, 10:58 PM
Elreidy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W.T.B wicked cas door pods or similar

Looking for a set of door pods delivered to the UK, I will cover postage costs etc, pm me if you have a set, you can view my profile on the UK 350Z owners(user Jay_1r was taken on here) for some background if your worried this is my first post!