Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking DFW Tech Day

-DFW TECH DAY–

WHEN - MARCH 6th Saturday!
TIME - 9AM till 5PM

EVERYONE PM ME WITH YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS VIA PM AND I WILL THEN GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FOR THE LOCATION OF THIS MEET!

ALSO!!!

FOR ANYONE ELSE - ALL OTHERS MUST SIGN UP THAT THEY ARE COMING!!! RSVP AS THERE ARE LIMITED SPOTS AND LIMITED PARKING, ETC......I DONT WANT THIS EVENT TO GET OUT OF HAND! **** OFF NEIGHBORS, ETC...

This meet is at my home and I of course want to be as cautious as anyone would with their home. I know most people that are coming but some I don't.

DRIFT EVENT MARCH 7th! - Mineral Wells - Fabricatedmotorsports

Hello local DFW Z owners.

I’m looking to have a DFW tech day. We had great success with the fender rolling day despite the rain that day. I’m thinking a DFW tech day would be great! Jacob, Eric, and I will be available to provide help with installs!

So bring your Z’s and mods/fluids you’re looking to install and we can plan a day of installs and fun!

I have done many Z installs and have the tools to do many mods.

I have:
Shop press for any bushing replacements
Motive power bleeder for anyone wanting to do brake bleeds
Pump for tranny and diff fluid changes
Multiple electric impacts
Air tools & air compressor - hanging from ceiling. 50' hose to reach cars.
Chop saw for hatch shocks installs. Hatch shocks available.
bench top grinder
drill press
plastic interior pry tools for removing interior - wiper delete mod, etc
Electrical power outside near driveway for easy access
I also have 15mm, 20mm and 25mm spacers if anyone is curious as to what your ride would look like with whatever wheels you have and spacers. We can do some test fits if anyone wants...might help you narrow down what size to buy.
digital calipers
scales
rhino ramps and 4 jack stands and two jacks.
many more....

*Sink in garage for cleaning up
*Garage fridge for you guys to put your Gatoraids water, beer, etc....
*will have safety glasses for everyone - bring gloves - Harbor Freight - $99 cents.

For anyone wanting to do camber kit installs, there is an NTB with an inground alignment rack right down the street from me. About 1 mile away at 360 and camp wisdom....Also a Firestone on IH-20 and Great Southwest

I have many DIY threads you guys can look up.....

This is a great way for those to learn, so plan on getting dirty as this is not a day where I do everyone’s installs. It’s a day where you learn to do your own installs with the help from those who have done it before-along with access to all the right tools.

# --- Name --- Car --- Mod to install
1 – Jason – 350Z – I have mods I plan on doing myself this day.

I have a 125 foot driveway and a back facing garage. I figure we can have 10 cars easily, inside the gate, 1 in the garage, and two cars outside the gate on the driveway as well-for those that want to do full detail car washes. (You supply your own cleaning products).

Things to bring:
1. Jack and jack stands
2. Change of clothes
3. Cash in case we want break for lunch or pitch in for pizza. - bring fold out chairs if you have them please.
4. Beer if you want it – BYOB (no getting butt drunk or ill hose you down myself – this means you too Jake! lulz)
5. gloves, etc for working on cars.
6. A good attitude and ready to turn wrenches!

I live in Grand Prairie at HWY 360 and IH-20 pm me with your info/ph/addy and i will pm my info

:OFFICIAL SIGN IN SHEET HERE:
# --- screen name -real name-- car --- mod to install
1 – JasonZ-YA - Jason – 350z – suspension install mods/arms - will be dropping my car off at ntb down the street once done for alignment. Also clutch bleed with wilwood products mod.
2. Acidjake75 - 350z - rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. - fithamoto - 350z - will just be hanging...can't stay that long

4. - Bluz370 - Corbin - 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Aus10tat10us - Austin - 350z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - steve or neverlift - 350z - ss brake lines and ss clutch line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
7. Squeaky350 - jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. Lower car - coilovers already installed. Stance
8. 3hree5ive0ero - chris - 350z - ss clutch line, flush clutch, hatch shocks (if not done).. Maybe replace bushings
9. 05 ppw z33 - joe - 350z - spl uca's & dehazing headlights and maybe fixing minor scratches

10. Legionnairez - anthony - 350z - would like to see if the dehaze will work. Since the 19s are back on would like to test fit spacers. Stage 2 strut hatch.
11. Mrwatchdawg - mo - 350z - need all fluids changed , and hopefully i can do exhaust if i have it by than
12. Ppat1989 - patrick - replace all 4 brake rotors
13. Zrzly? And christinekay-justin and christine- basic fluid stuffs (oil change, tranny, and maybe clutch fluid. Will bring four jackstands and tools.
14. Nipz - justin - 07350z - learning mod
15.drifter5 - Lee - 03 350Z - For sure...front lower inner control bushings, ss brakelines, and brake flush. Maybe tranny and diff fluid depending how late.
16. Nexx - Jason - stance coilovers and camber kit front and rear. Rear pumpkin swap with someoone with a 3.3 vlsd? any takers????
17. Jalejune

RSVP LIST - Helper list: - if not working on car - must sign that you are coming!
1. Darkroam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. open to someone
4. Quakerroatmeal - thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
5. Tsar - maybe coilover / camber arm install.

6. Jlsgoz (jody) i can be a good gopheress
7. Spector - ryan - g35 - possibly rear camber and headlight dehazing
8. Rcasas83 - robert - 350z -maybe install my cai and i wanna see how well the clay bar works
9. empty spot available...

-Jason
Attached Thumbnails DFW Tech Day-our-house.jpg   DFW Tech Day-1.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 03-04-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: date
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Count me in!!!!!!

2. AcidJake75 - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..

WOO HOO!! this is going to be FUN!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:41 AM
bluz370

Sign me up please I need the spring mount mod done if me and jake havent gotten together by then, also need to change my tranny and diff fluid.. well def the tranny fluid, i have never checked my diff fluid.

Name- Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:45 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by bluz370
Sign me up please
Just copy paste everyone and add YOURSELF to the list.

# --- Screen name -- Real name --- Car --- Mod to install

1. JasonZ-YA – Jason – 350Z – I have mods I plan on doing myself this day.
2. AcidJake75 - Jacob - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. Bluz370 - Corbin - 370z - spring mount mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:50 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

2. AcidJake75 - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. - Fithamoto - 350Z - Front headlight & tail light swap.
4. - Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.

-

Jason you are a Bad *** Baller !!
Attached Thumbnails DFW Tech Day-baller.jpg  

Last edited by fithamoto; 01-19-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

oooh Im already liking the diversity of the mod list.. ES NIIIIIIICE!

I can also bring cipher in case anyone may want TIMING change or whatnot..

Last edited by AcidJake75; 01-19-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM
AUS10TAT10US

4. - Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Austin or AUS10TAT10US- 350Z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM
NeverLift

5 - Austin or AUS10TAT10US- 350Z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - Steve or Neverlift - 350z - SS brake lines and SS clutch Line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.

Last edited by NeverLift; 01-19-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

I have a feeling this is going to blow up QUICK! Awesome!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The day has finally come huh..

Hope everyone who signs up planning on working on there own vehicle and not just thinking you can bring it to the meet and expect someone to do it for you (ahem jasonzya I kid I kid).

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 01-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by NeverLift
6. - Steve or Neverlift - 350z - SS brake lines and SS clutch Line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
Steve,

The brake flush no problem!

If you wanna do your clutch bleed you need to get these wilwood parts on this thread: about 25-30 bucks or so in products:
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...voir-swap.html

I refuse to do a clutch bleed using the pedal only, you will be at my house for hours!!!! I will being doing this on my car this day as well! so we can do it together.

-J
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
NeverLift

sweet. I'll definitely get those parts before then.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 PM
darkROAM_1

Man, don't think I can wait til then to put on the HFC's Headers and Intake >.> Though I do need a place to do that.

I would always be down to come by and help out though if anyone needs a hand. ^_^
Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by darkROAM_1
Man, don't think I can wait til then to put on the HFC's Headers and Intake >.> Though I do need a place to do that.

I would always be down to come by and help out though if anyone needs a hand. ^_^
ya, definitely welcome to come help out....

lets add you to a separate list where people can sign up as helpers only if they are not bringing mods to install...??? your welcome to do that.

-J

# --- Screen Name -Real name-- Car --- Mod to install

HELPER LIST:

1. DarkRoam - - ---
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll, be there. No mods for me, just helping. And showin off my new paint/kit.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Squeaky350

7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts.

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---

I planned on doing this sooner but I have to go out of town on Friday and can't get the alignment done before. I have the eibach kit.

I will also need to lower my car all around on my stance coil overs that I already have installed.

Last edited by Squeaky350; 01-19-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:31 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Squeaky350
7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. lower car/stance coilovers.

I planned on doing this sooner but I have to go out of town on Friday and can't get the alignment done before. I have the eibach kit.

I will also need to lower my car all around on my stance coil overs that I already have installed.
Awesome! i have all the tools, rotary dremel and bit for doing this eibach kit toe bolts. What exhaust do you have? depending on which one, we may need to remove the rear exhaust portion to get a straight dremel cut on the toe bolts.

Bring jack stands....i don't have enough for EVERYONES car. I figure if at least half of us bring jack stands then well be good......not everyone needs to lift their car...

Also, i have goggles for when were dremeling the toe bolt aluminum portion:

this is how that mod is done - see here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...-protocav.html

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 01-20-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. lower car - coilovers already installed. stance

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Bring jack stands....i don't have enough for EVERYONES car. I figure if at least half of us bring jack stands then well be good......not everyone needs to lift their car...
-J
I will bring Jack Stands and my Low Profile Jack...

I also should have the template for the toe bolt and the dremel piece ( I need to look for it though). I will bring that along too..

Last edited by AcidJake75; 01-20-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Squeaky350

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Awesome! i have all the tools, rotary dremel and bit for doing this eibach kit toe bolts. What exhaust do you have? depending on which one, we may need to remove the rear exhaust portion to get a straight dremel cut on the toe bolts.

Also, i have goggles for when were dremeling the toe bolt aluminum portion:

this is how that mod is done - see here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...-protocav.html

-J
I have the Greddy single exhaust, hopefully this will make it easier. I have jack stands that I can bring, but only if I can find them.

Quick Reply: DFW Tech Day