Notices
Middle East Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Turkey, etc

Any Z owners living in Dubai?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 03:26 AM
samery2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Z owners living in Dubai?

Just wanted to see what the headcount was (I get my 06 in Dec-Jan but still...)--- i havent seen no more than 5 Zs in Dubai so what are the odds of any owners being on this forum ...

Besides yorky500 that is

cheers from the desert
Old 09-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Dubai

Hey there, welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll like your new rid as soon as you get it!
one thing for sure, you wont stay stock for long if you keep visiting this forum
Good luck and stay safe!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:48 PM
samery2k

thanks scarface- im getting an 06 GT and im under 25 meaning my insurance premium is already going to be high i dont see any mods in the near future
Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Dubai

BTW, what do you mean by GT? will nissan release a new version of the Z called GT?
Old 09-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Dubai

Never mind, just did a quick search and found its the Grand Touring

Do you know if the Navi system comes as a standard feature?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:30 AM
samery2k

in the US and Canada yeah it does, but we have to order it here; 9000 AED i think.. worth getting though because it helps with all the new areas opening up here...

cheers
Old 09-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Dubai

I got mine from the dealer for 10,000 AED. If you want I can sell you my Navi system for half the price.
Just tell me if your interested
Old 09-27-2005, 07:25 AM
samery2k

Nah im cool thanks- probably going to opt for the latest one so... what color is your Z?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Dubai

Originally Posted by samery2k
Nah im cool thanks- probably going to opt for the latest one so... what color is your Z?

Guess there is no latest version, only one version of the navi since the first production of the car (BTW, mine is 5 months old). you can ask the dealer by your self

Mine is black, and yours?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:11 PM
babbagandu

hey samery, for someone who lives in Dubai, u sure seem pretty fluent with english slang and stuff. is it from reading on internet forums? also, do people mod their cars over there?

I am Iranian, but i was born in America, and whenever i imagine a middle eastern country i imagine a strict government where people are not allowed to do anything. do lots of people over ther drive sports cars? what is the automotive culture like in Dubai?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:37 AM
samery2k

Hehe- I'm actually Lebanese in origin but i lived all over the world and now I'm in Dubai- Dubai is insane amigo- The city is basically 85% expats like myself (mostly Europeans and Asians) and we are into everything under the sun (look Dubai up on the net) especially cars- And there is a HUGE tuner culture and auto culture here-

This city is like nothing in the Arab world (save for Beirut maybe) the amount of money that is pumped in and out is phenomenal and the future of the region lies right over here;

Cant wait to get my Z!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 03:33 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the US and Canada yeah it does, but we have to order it here; 9000 AED i think.. worth getting though because it helps with all the new areas opening up here...

cheers
It doesn't here either It's an $1,800 option on every Z trim.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:36 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by babbagandu
hey samery, for someone who lives in Dubai, u sure seem pretty fluent with english slang and stuff. is it from reading on internet forums? also, do people mod their cars over there?

I am Iranian, but i was born in America, and whenever i imagine a middle eastern country i imagine a strict government where people are not allowed to do anything. do lots of people over ther drive sports cars? what is the automotive culture like in Dubai?
In Dubai, you'll lose track of the Porsches, Ferraris, and Lambos within the first two days. Automotive culture there is absolutely mind-boggling. Beemers and Benzes are literally a dime a dozen, and even Rolls Royces and Bentleys are everywhere. Dubs, uber-swank custom interiors, you name it, they've got it all.

I am a Pakistani living in the US for a few years, but I have relatives in Dubai whom I visit often.

Last edited by usmanasif; 10-05-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 AM
samery2k

Originally Posted by usmanasif
In Dubai, you'll lose track of the Porsches, Ferraris, and Lambos within the first two days. Automotive culture there is absolutely mind-boggling. Beemers and Benzes are literally a dime a dozen, and even Rolls Royces and Bentleys are everywhere. Dubs, uber-swank custom interiors, you name it, they've got it all.

I second that- hehe; Dubai is insane I mean its cheaper to buy a porsche here than in Germany (not that I would personally) Its interesting being out on the road in a city of 1 million population when every other car is an XLR, M3, SL55 or Lamborghini Gallardo buts its cool- very few cars stand out like the Z-

cheers!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
usmanasif

I second that- hehe; Dubai is insane I mean its cheaper to buy a porsche here than in Germany (not that I would personally) Its interesting being out on the road in a city of 1 million population when every other car is an XLR, M3, SL55 or Lamborghini Gallardo buts its cool- very few cars stand out like the Z-

cheers!
Yeah. I guess that's to be expected of a city with the world's only seven-star hotel (Burj Al-Arab) and which will soon have the world's largest shopping mall in the world's tallest building (Burj Al-Dubai). Case in point, the Audi A6 ordered by a Dubai Sheikh that was circulating on the web with rumors that it was made entirely out of pure silver. Even though, it later turned out to be a custom chrome job instead, it is still major bling! Pics attached.

Dubai is the swankiest of the swank cities in the world, no doubt. I just can't handle the weather there! I was there in July once, and I felt like my eyeballs would melt and drip down to my chest. And I am from Pakistan! The summers in Dubai are something to be experienced, not described, IMO. But what an unbelievable city!
Attached Thumbnails Any Z owners living in Dubai?-silveraudi2.jpg   Any Z owners living in Dubai?-silveraudi3.jpg   Any Z owners living in Dubai?-silveraudi1.jpg  

Last edited by usmanasif; 10-07-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:14 PM
bamyi

I agreed, Dubai is one of a few places I want to visit. They're also building the Palm, a HUGE island off shore in the shape of a palm tree! I did a history study on Dubai and its amazing what they acomplished in 20yrs!

hey usmanasif, I'm coming to denver this week, pm me if you want to meet up. Unfortunately, I'm leaving my Z here in CA since I'm coming back.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:47 AM
usmanasif

You bet! I have seen the Palm promotional DVD. A very good friend of mine recently bought a house there to put away for retirement. He was showing me the corner of the "branch" it is on!

I am going to Minneapolis on Monday morning for some interviews and will return in 10 days or so (not sure yet). But let's meet sometime soon. I really wanna see your Z as I rarely get to see any on the roads here in town, for some reason.

Samery2k, sorry we hijacked your thread!
Old 10-09-2005, 07:07 AM
imtiaz

man, dubai is amazing....
the palm is old now, they started building the "world/globe"... majority of countries replicated into small islands..

btw, how much is the Z going for from dealer ?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Dubai

That is one sick Audi. i like chrome, u dont have to wash it often

350Z from the dealer would cost around $40K
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 AM
usmanasif

I made a mistake, that's an A8, not an A6. The Sheikh had it air transported to Denmark where that company is based. They have the whole chrome varnishing process detailed on their site. It is one of their "prized" projects.

Quick Reply: Any Z owners living in Dubai?