Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Race Stickers

Old 12-05-2002, 06:17 PM
pdtsyzygy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Stickers

Over the past few years, I have reused my magnetic autoX numbers year after year. However, now that the 350Z is in BS, I have an excuse to get a new set of numbers. Has anyone had any custom static cling stickers made? Ideally, I'd like to have a large rectangular decal made with my number and class on it. If it were magnetic, it would be way too heavy. If it's a real decal, I can't remove it for work the next day. So I was wondering about the static stickers.

Anyone?
Old 12-05-2002, 09:10 PM
negcamber

Well, I thought about like you and tried the static cling numbers this past season. I'm going back to magnetic. Putting the stickers on is a pain...usually you have to spray some water on the surface and then squeegee the sticker smooth. Not the best solution if you decide to have a co-driver any time in the future. Plus, with the static stuff, I had one number...and that is it.

The magnetics can be put in place in 10sec and you can have multiple numbers made that can be arranged to make even more number combos. If you have a co-driver, swapping numbers is a breeze.

Anyway...that's my $.02.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:33 PM
pdtsyzygy

Originally posted by og_silver_350z
man why would you want to put stickers on your z.......dont you think it makes it look like one of those cheap suped up neons.....the z is way to classy for that.....
No, no, no. Not stickers like The Fast & The Furious. When you autocross, you have to have numbers on your car. I used to use magnetics, but was wanting to be a little fancier this year. From the feedback I'm getting, it sounds like magnetics are still the way to go. Bummer.