For those who track/autocross..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 08:23 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Kayaalp
Hi Negcamber,

I didn't know that about the Bobcats. I'm not real familiar with the Carbotech line (I've been using Hawk pads). I thought the Bobcats were a race compound similar to the Hawk Blues. Guess I was wrong!

I need to learn more about Carbotech. Hawks are getting too expensive. Also, I'm tired of how corrosive the dust from the Blues is. It eats away at everything!

Emre
The Carbotech's are in order of track to street:

Panther XP
Panther +
Bobcats

I just put on the bobcats for street and although I have not noticed performance difference there is a huge dust difference, it has decreased a lot.

The Panther + are similar to the Hawk Blues, I used them at Sebring and worked great although not cheap, around 130-140, don't know how that compares to the Blues.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Kayaalp

[i]The Panther + are similar to the Hawk Blues, I used them at Sebring and worked great although not cheap, around 130-140, don't know how that compares to the Blues.[/B]
Actually, the Blues are almost exactly the same price. I love them: once they heat up they stop you like you hit a brick wall. My only complaint is how sticky and corrosive the dust is. If the Panther+ is better in this respect I might give them a try.

Emre
Old 05-18-2003, 07:40 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Kayaalp
Actually, the Blues are almost exactly the same price. I love them: once they heat up they stop you like you hit a brick wall. My only complaint is how sticky and corrosive the dust is. If the Panther+ is better in this respect I might give them a try.

Emre
The Panthers were pretty good, the clumps of melted dust lay on the wheels but were easy to clean even the next day, my Rays did not suffer at all, I was afraid they would leave marks but nothing.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:45 AM
Kayaalp

Originally posted by westpak
The Panthers were pretty good, the clumps of melted dust lay on the wheels but were easy to clean even the next day, my Rays did not suffer at all, I was afraid they would leave marks but nothing.
Cool! I'll try a set when I use up my Hawk Blues (which should be soon...I'm spending a weekend at Mosport at the end of the month).

Emre
Old 07-03-2003, 03:46 AM
Veritech

Sorry to revive an old thread,

but slay2k, if you need help locating events where you can use your stock Z, let me know. I do alot of solo1/2 in the north east and usually have an event lined up every 2 weeks from may till november (winter is rally season, so it never ends).

I saw your post where you say that you got discouraged by SCCA road-race rules.....well you are very far from roadracing so dont worry about that yet (it probably wont be in your Z anyway).

Kayaalp, you're in montreal? I am also. you should come out to the solo events around here. pm me for more info

regards,
Liam