Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

SV at Streets of Willow 8-2&3-2003, only $100!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 01:16 PM
fluxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SV at Streets of Willow 8-2&3-2003, only $100!

Hi all, SpeedVentures will be running the Streets of Willow Springs track again the weekend of August 2nd and 3rd 2003. Here are the details:

Price: $100 one day, or $175 for both days ( + $30 instructor fee required for novices per day)

Duration: 2 days 5 hours of track time per group!**

Track: Streets of Willow Springs Rosamond, CA (near Lancaster)

Registration: open on the website: http://www.speedventures.net/event_forms.asp

Timing: Transponders are available for rental.

Event Info:

The Streets of Willow Springs is a favorite short track in the Los Angeles area, popular with magazines for car tests and an excellent learning track as well. Turns are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph), making it a safe place to take your street car and find its limits. All the turns but one have wide runoff areas of well-packed dirt. This track is highly-recommended for car and driver development due to it's lower-speed, technical nature.

We will be running the full track in the Clockwise direction on Saturday, and counter-clockwise on Sunday, including the north loop. Neither the chicanes nor the bend through the infield "A" section will be used, there will be a sweeper through the skidpad instead. We will be running four run groups, with five sessions per group, totalling 2 hours per group. Details on the day's schedule are available here.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
raceboy
Banned

I will be there on Sunday for the CCW run. Running my RA-1's for the first time. Last time out I ran the same track in the same direction. I ran a 1:39.365 on my S03's so it will be interesting to see how much race rubber is really worth.

I'm begging you guys, can we please get some more Z's on track???? There are already more Z's on the road than S2K's, and yet none of them show up at the track, while 20-30 Stooks show up time in and time out. I am beginning to believe that the Z really deserves the title of "Japanese Mustang" and that is really a shame because the car is so much more than that.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:17 PM
fluxen

Originally posted by raceboy
I will be there on Sunday for the CCW run. Running my RA-1's for the first time. Last time out I ran the same track in the same direction. I ran a 1:39.365 on my S03's so it will be interesting to see how much race rubber is really worth.
My prediction is you're 4-5 seconds faster on the RA-1's.

And as far as the Z's go, I totally agree. The car has the potential, but for some reason people aren't using them for what they're designed for.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:32 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by fluxen
My prediction is you're 4-5 seconds faster on the RA-1's.

And as far as the Z's go, I totally agree. The car has the potential, but for some reason people aren't using them for what they're designed for.
Krazik said he would expect about 5 or 6 seconds so either way, I'll be happy. Knocking 5 seconds off my laptimes would have put me the 6th fastest car overall there last time. Not too bad for essentially a street car on race tires.

I just find it real funny that people argue and argue on the internet about what car is faster, and "Can I get 1 or 2 more hp with xx mod," yet when it comes time to take it to the track and really see, we can't get any Z owners out there. They buy all these parts for their cars just to pose with them. The Z just appeals to the wannabe demographic I guess.

Oh well, I guess it's not much different than the current crop of Porsches. Something like 80% of the new ones sold are freekin' sluchbox Tiptronics. So sad.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:09 PM
raceboy
Banned

Hello??? Is anyone going?? This is SoCal. I'm pretty sure there are almost as many Z's here in SoCal as there are in the rest of the country!!! Where the hell are you guys??
Old 07-13-2003, 11:28 PM
jzr

Steve, I applaud your efforts as a trailblazer and for being the So. Cal. Z owning community's only hope for establishing some decent laptimes. Nissan sold over 19,000 Z's last quarter, and despite multiple magazine reviews detailing favorable on-track performance (even in comparison to that pesky S2000 I love so much), hardly any Z owners, GPS equipped or not, ever manage to find their way out to the track. Telling, it is, how the "Racing" area here so closely resembles that bit bucket known as S2Ki's "Street Encounters" forum.

I'll be out there on the 2nd, helping a few buddies with suspension setup. Hoping I can get a few laps in in a TTOD capable S2K, barring any pesky V-8 or 10's...
Old 07-17-2003, 02:37 PM
raceboy
Banned

Hey JZR, we met up at Laguna Seca. Come over and say Hi. I can't wait to see what she can do on the race rubber.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:13 PM
raceboy
Banned

Wow, not one other person from this board is going? You know, you could have had a real cute pink VW Bug convertable for a lot less!!! Just an FYI!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:34 AM
fluxen

Originally posted by raceboy
Wow, not one other person from this board is going? You know, you could have had a real cute pink VW Bug convertable for a lot less!!! Just an FYI!
Wow, Raceboy is harsh! Acutally, I show 3 350Z's coming to the event, so you're not alone, RB
Old 07-22-2003, 06:59 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by fluxen
Wow, Raceboy is harsh! Acutally, I show 3 350Z's coming to the event, so you're not alone, RB
Cool, it's nice to have something to compare to. Fluxen, you bringing that nice Porsche 550 replica again?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:07 PM
fluxen

Nope, it needs some work before it sees the track again, I didn't like the shifter or the steering, so it's time to make some changes. I'm bringing the Z06: the lap record is a 01:30.278 and I think I've got a shot at it!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:34 PM
raceboy
Banned

My goal is to get into the '33's, but I'll be happy in the '34's. I think it's going to really depend on conditions (heat).