Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

1st AutoX in the Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 09:33 PM
aggiez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1st AutoX in the Z

Insane love for car = renewed.

I LOVE THIS CAR! First couple of runs, learned the track and then I started going for the times. The car handles like a dream. On the sharper hairpin turns the brakes grab and the car tosses around them effortlessly.

Slaloms went crying to their slalom mommies after I conquered the hell out of them. Then I got greedy...during the entire day of racing, I only lost complete control of the car once. Pretty good for my first time in this car, and the less-than-perfect grass on track conditions.

Anywho, I have some short video and lots of pictures on a friends camera, so as soon as I get them I'll be sure to post.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:06 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Where'd you run? Texas World Speedway? You wouldn't happen to be a member of the A&M Sports Car Club would ya? I was my freshman year, but when I saw most of the members drove mini vans and Rangers, I lost interest (not that there's anything wrong with Rangers--mini vans on the other hand, there's a lot wrong with them. lol).

BTW, it's addictive, isn't it.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:07 AM
negcamber

If it had grass growing through the pavement it was probably at the Riverside Annex. I remember TAMSCC's first event out there. We had to mow the concrete to get rid of all the weeds sprouting through the cracks. What a hoot.

I never remembered too many trucks running at any of the events though. Back then everyone was picking up DPS Mustangs from auction or running a CRX of some flavor.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:14 AM
aggiez

Yeah, it was over at the annex. Lots of fun, i'm not a member but I think I might sign up for some of the other stuff.

There was a lot of diversity in the cars out there this weekend, four Z06's, and a lot of WRX's, a crazy M-Coupe, M roadster, full tubbed Supra and some Miatas that made me question why I bought a Z.

Good weekend, pictures to come.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:36 PM
negcamber

The TAMSCC guys are great! All the trouble I ever got into while in college was cuz of them! Hanging with that club gave me some of my best life stories. Mmmm...the Ice Rallye from Hell, the I wRecked On Caldwell Run incident, and the Great AquaCross and the yellow 'Vette that became known as the Yellow Submarine after attempting to wade through a particularly deep part. Team Rust and da BoyZ Unda da Hood. The annual "Finals are F'ing Over" party in Conroe. And Stormin' Norman...who died on the way back from a Divisional...rest in peace (only silver taps I ever attended).

Get involved and try out the TSD rallye events too. We used to have the rallyes finish at a party. Of course now with the drinking age up to 21, they probably aren't as fun anymore.