Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Just got my dream car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 10:17 PM
soc_monki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my dream car!

hey guys! i fell in love with the 350z when i first laid eyes on them. always wanted one, and finally, since my old trusty 1999 Altima decides its getting too worn out, i decide i need something more reliable and figure that if im going to get something, to just get what i want. i dont have kids, i dont need lots of storage space...so i went about looking to see how much Z's were these days. last i looked (5 years ago or so) ones with 60k were still in the 20k range. well, i looked and found one in Memphis, and went to check it out and it was the one.

2005 base, 6MT, has a Nismo S-tune exhaust already, and a Nismo spoiler, tinted windows, and some aftermarket leather seat covers which are grey and blue (ugh!) the blue is fine, but the grey? why not black?! either way, i can overlook that. oh, and HIDs installed into the factory Halogen headlights. horrible really. im going to fix that soon...i like to be able to see at night and not blind people!

car was clean, less than 70k miles, clutch is good and strong, and it shifts nice as well. some paint chips (common...) but overall a very clean, very solid used car. cant say im going to mod it much, if at all (aside from some wheels one day, and maybe something to make it a little louder...HFCs? Test pipes?) but its everything i wanted. oh, and im replacing the stock head unit this week...i need more EQ adjustability and external music storage...not much room for a bunch of CDs in the Z!

anyway...pics of GTFO right?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 AM
JCITY
Banned

Welcome!
Looks like you are enjoying your new Z.
I'd highly recommend installing HFC's.Test pipes are cheaper,louder,smell.
Also,don't know about emmissions in your area,test pipes would be a problem.
Z1 Motorsports offers some great HFC's at a very reasonable price.They are in your region(Atalanta area).I've got a Nismo S-tune.THe HFC's really open up the sound of the
system.You may consider a plenum spacer add with a K&N drop in or intake change.
This would balance your sound and after a proper tune,give you some added oomph!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:19 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I like that color blue, may I ask what you paid?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:17 AM
soc_monki

JCITY : i live in a small town in Mississippi...no emissions testing. people run around with straight pipes on cars all the time. most of the time its really annoying (cheap or no mufflers, etc). some have it done well, and it sounds great depending on the car. S10s or Rangers not so much...but V8 cars? tons of em. ive also thought about a plenum spacer later on, and a K&N drop in of course. from my research the stock intake is well designed and i dont want to mess with a good thing. i may have a K&N already...ill have to double check on that. funny thing is the pipe coming off the plenum (top of the intake) has Nismo on it, like the previous owner had a Nismo intake but replaced the stock components except for that one piece.
but, i plan to move (one of these days!) to the Nashville, TN area. which means no test pipes (or ill have to swap in the stock cats for emissions checks). all in due time though!

oldschool : 13k, without taxes and everything. all included around 15k. a bit higher than i wanted to, and i tried to talk them down, but oh well. i only live once, and the car is really clean so i feel it was worth it. i searched a good bit for decent older Z's in a reasonable distance and this one is the best example i could find (especially the mileage!) plus, its got the exhaust and the spoiler, and a color i can dig. ha!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
JCITY
Banned

Cool noise inside

Originally Posted by soc_monki
JCITY : i live in a small town in Mississippi...no emissions testing. people run around with straight pipes on cars all the time. most of the time its really annoying (cheap or no mufflers, etc). some have it done well, and it sounds great depending on the car. S10s or Rangers not so much...but V8 cars? tons of em. ive also thought about a plenum spacer later on, and a K&N drop in of course. from my research the stock intake is well designed and i dont want to mess with a good thing. i may have a K&N already...ill have to double check on that. funny thing is the pipe coming off the plenum (top of the intake) has Nismo on it, like the previous owner had a Nismo intake but replaced the stock components except for that one piece.
but, i plan to move (one of these days!) to the Nashville, TN area. which means no test pipes (or ill have to swap in the stock cats for emissions checks). all in due time though!

oldschool : 13k, without taxes and everything. all included around 15k. a bit higher than i wanted to, and i tried to talk them down, but oh well. i only live once, and the car is really clean so i feel it was worth it. i searched a good bit for decent older Z's in a reasonable distance and this one is the best example i could find (especially the mileage!) plus, its got the exhaust and the spoiler, and a color i can dig. ha!
Depending where you drive&how much,noise inside a Z can be much.There is
little insulation from the rear since the wheel wells are IN the cabin.
Does not matter to you,rock on.I sure would dump those OEM 17" wheels.
19's look great on a Z.Do the HFC's .THey will pass emmisions.Strandge the prev owner left the Z tube on.
He may have not wanted to screw around removing it .Or,threw out the OEM tube.There is really no value in the tube.
The stock airbox is just fine with a K&N.

Last edited by JCITY; 12-08-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:47 AM
soc_monki

noise doesnt bother me...right now there could stand to be a little more exhaust tone, but ill decide at a later date.

and the wheels will get dumped one day, and ill probably go 18's. 19's look awesome, but have less tire to absorb all the horrible roads around here.

and i just noticed that somehow i posted in the 370Z section...what a fail!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

random info: usually those nismo spoilers are knock offs.. yours appears to be a legit one.

congrats / enjoy the car.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:09 PM
soc_monki

carfax said the spoiler was installed at the dealer in Memphis, so im apt to believe it is a genuine Nismo. and it looks and feels like a good quality piece as well (i checked it when i went to go over the car).

now to get to work on figuring out how to get some 18's one of these days...and what look i want to go with.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:33 AM
ModBargains.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Z looks Clean
congrats