New Owners Welcome to the Family!

First 30 Days in my 350Z Nismo #1495... good, bad, ugly

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Chitown350Nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 30 Days in my 350Z Nismo #1495... good, bad, ugly

Good:
Style/Uniqueness - This by far is one sharp car, the look style and Nismo options really make it stand out. I have only had one day where I actually saw two other Nismo's on the road and that's it.
Speed - Simply put this car puts your butt in the seat... bone stock
Handling - This car could make a go-kart blush, it goes where you point it immediately and responds like no other vehicle I have driven to date.
Modification options - there are plenty to choose from unlike the boring Accord mod list I just completed. Working with Project X over the next few months and will have fun seeing where this can go.
Gas Mileage - Surprisingly good MPG even when driving hard averaging 17.9
Fun Factor - It is just flat out a fun car to drive, and making the crazy teenagers in their Civic's cry it flat out hilarious
Storage - Amazingly roomy for a Z, clever bins, behind seat storage and funky but cool glove box! Oh and yes I did follow the instruction sticker on how to get my golf clubs to fit LOL.
Roominess - For a two door sports car the head and leg room is fantastic. My 16 yr son who is 6'3 240 and I fit very comfortablity and he is nowhere close to banging his head on the ceiling.

Bad:
Factory Stereo - Ummm this thing really sucks, yes I know its a true sports car but seriously I like going fast with loud music too!
Blind Spots - Other than the Dodge Magnum wagon, I think this car defines the term "blind spot"
3 Gauge Dash Pod - Okay the first multi-function gauge isn't that bad but the other two? Not so much
Interior scratching - The lever for the Dash bin door and the areas around the door handles seem to scratch very easily from the black coating to the white plastic underneath. The covercoat feels like a rubberized coating... going to be ordering new ones.
Sunroof? - This could just be me but I thought a sunroof would compliment this car nicely or to throw back to my Z32 TTOPS! Again just a personal preference

Ugly:
There is really nothing ugly from what I can tell on this car but two ugly things so far are....
Manual Trans in Chicago Traffic - I forgot how fun manual trans in Chicago rush hour traffic is!!!!
My 16 year old wants to learn stick - In my Z!!! Ummm no! LOL

All in all I am very pleased with this car being my DD, I am now shopping for my AWD or 4X4 for the winter as this puppy will probably get parked by Thanksgiving through Easter. I look forward to sharing with this group as the mod budget is being saved and the list is starting. One last point I wanted to bring up... Why doesn't Nissan try the Twin Turbo again with this car?!?!?

And Yes I know... this thread is pretty bad without pics... pics to come soon!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Nice write-up, welcome.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey welcome to the forum. Can't argue with much of what you've written. The blind spots are annoying and the stereo is absolute pants along with the quality of the interior, something which Nissan are notoriously bad at. Sunroof? In a sports car? I thought that was what A/C was for (even though its heavier than a sunroof), wasn't the sunroof an 80's fad? A 16 year old learning stick in your 350Z? No, i agree. Glad you're enjoying it. Twin turbo kits are available, but i agree i don't know why they weren't OEM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Chitown350Nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This was my hobby car before... it hurt to let it god

so if you are all wondering where my Z roots are coming from this was my 1990 300zx TT.... labor of love, money pit, hellava ton of fun when it ran....
Attached Thumbnails First 30 Days in my 350Z Nismo #1495... good, bad, ugly-200808231843_236.jpg   First 30 Days in my 350Z Nismo #1495... good, bad, ugly-image_069.jpg   First 30 Days in my 350Z Nismo #1495... good, bad, ugly-image_973.jpg