New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Selling my R6 getting an 08 Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Novicenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my R6 getting an 08 Enthusiast

Hello,

Been browsing this forum for the past few days, as I've just lined up a deal for a 2008 Enthusiast with just over 21,000 miles. I don't know much about cars so I'm having a mechanic give it a once over for peace of mind. The car looks mint in the pictures on craigslist, barley any miles (which is slightly concerning) hence the inspection. I know that there are some issues surrounding window motors, and air bags (but i believe that was addressed by Nissan before 08) that seem to keep re-occurring. Does anyone have any tips on things to look for that only a 350z owner or mechanic may know about.

I'll post some pics on my bike that I'm selling to help fund this new project. And once I buy the car, I'll be sure to post the pics (given it gets the A1 from the mechanic)

Cheers.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:03 PM
NiLL

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Check oil pressure on idle and revved up The oil galley gaskets can blow on them (Cheap parts expensive labor)

Check the clutch and make sure it engages good, some times the slave cylinders go out on the 07-08 requiring an expensive after market fix

Make sure there is no oil in the spark plug tubes If there is the whole valve cover need to be replaced.

I know its only 21k and most of this stuff is a long way off, but never hurts to check if you are having someone look at it anyhow.
The following users liked this post:
Novicenick (04-04-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Novicenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, I'll keep an eye open for those problems. Appreciate the help. Absolutley stoked on this car, picking it up in 2 days!