New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New to the Z world

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:05 AM
irished71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Z world

Well hello all you Z'ers!
Very new to the world of Japanese cars/tuners whatever you call them with an E46 M3 and Honda RC51 currently on the garage.
My reason for the challenge was my 3rd major stroke in 12 months has me with time to spare and working on recovery. My very understanding girlfriend agreed that I could get a new hobby to help with functioning so here is the hobby

2005 350z Not sure what flavor(maybe you all could help) but there isn't a panel on it that doesn't have dent! 6 speed. Very cheap but as I'm finding out, there are more bits missing the there.

No washer bottle or lines, half the bolts missing, cruise control not even lighting up, tams not showing on the gauge and the yellow light comes on, no a/c, it's a mess!

So I've done upper and lower tie rod ends, new tires, got it running, fixed multiple clips, found some inner front wheel arches..........

A/C is the next problem.......75 degrees and the LP shows 35. Clutch on the compressor is engaged(not spinning/no load) even with air on and it being warm. It blows cool, then warm as the day warms up so obviuosly the system works, kind of.
Any suggestions before I go to compressor replacement mode.

Stroke sucks for mental acuity, so thanks in advance and see you on the road.

Ed
Old 11-16-2016, 04:06 AM
rizeld

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by irished71
Well hello all you Z'ers!
Very new to the world of Japanese cars/tuners whatever you call them with an E46 M3 and Honda RC51 currently on the garage.
My reason for the challenge was my 3rd major stroke in 12 months has me with time to spare and working on recovery. My very understanding girlfriend agreed that I could get a new hobby to help with functioning so here is the hobby

2005 350z Not sure what flavor(maybe you all could help) but there isn't a panel on it that doesn't have dent! 6 speed. Very cheap but as I'm finding out, there are more bits missing the there.

No washer bottle or lines, half the bolts missing, cruise control not even lighting up, tams not showing on the gauge and the yellow light comes on, no a/c, it's a mess!

So I've done upper and lower tie rod ends, new tires, got it running, fixed multiple clips, found some inner front wheel arches..........

A/C is the next problem.......75 degrees and the LP shows 35. Clutch on the compressor is engaged(not spinning/no load) even with air on and it being warm. It blows cool, then warm as the day warms up so obviuosly the system works, kind of.
Any suggestions before I go to compressor replacement mode.

Stroke sucks for mental acuity, so thanks in advance and see you on the road.

Ed
From a former A/c Tech,

You need to get (find) a set of gauges that can show you both Low and High side. That's step 1 in any HVACR system diagnosis. Step 2 look at the condenser coil (the a/c radiator if you will) and see if its blocked, bent, or the fins are pushed over flat. With exp comes wisdom (sometimes). It's probably over or under charged. For a quicky go spend $40 bucks and get a good bottle of R134a with a little gauge and temperature chart on it and push some refrigerant in it. Watch the gauge and keep it in the green. if it goes down farther say 30 psig than its over charged and you have to recover some out of the system. More details on your situation warrant a better answer. Let me know what happens
Old 11-16-2016, 04:14 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrats on getting into a Z.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:45 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the forum and may you spend many happy hours getting your Z sorted out. Maybe you could teach yourself the age old art of panel beating on those damaged panels.