Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New to the Community

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 AM
BGeorge87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to the Community

Hey everybody! My name is Brandon and I just joined a couple days ago because I purchased a used 2003 350Z 6spd with approximately 130k miles. I'm mostly here to use this site as a resource for any issues that may arise as well as ideas for future mods. That being said, I do plan to make this sort of a project car as I mainly use my F150 as my daily driver.

The bad things with the car so far is that the VDC Off light, Slip light, and Brake light are all illuminated. It appears to be low on brake fluid so I'm hoping filling that up corrects these lights. The second is that the passenger window does not go down. I gotta check fuses and possibly just replace a motor so that's not really a big issue. Besides that it's in pretty good condition. One headlight is dull but I'll probably replace those and the front bumper has a small one inch hole in it, but I'll probably replace that in the future as well.

A couple good things is that it came with an aftermarket exhaust (stock tips I believe) but I don't know which brand. It also has brand new tires.

My plans would start with basic bolt ons and some cosmetic stuff. In the future I would love to buy a turbo kit. I haven't done research yet on this, but my goal would be in the 350 to 400 hp range.

This is obviously the Z. I've been driving the MazdaSpeed3 in the background for a week. That's pretty fun too!

My F150. Mostly all stock with the exception of off road suspension and a front leveling kit (not installed in this picture) as well as new speakers and a sub.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:23 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

That's a Track version, which is a great car to have. You've already got a few of the best upgrades. Welcome to the site.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:32 AM
No_name

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome Brandon, nice ride. Slower-paced forum, that's not a bad thing, and you'll find the archive extremely valuable (I know I did/have).
Old 01-29-2017, 03:46 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

As dcains points out, you have a Track version, best one to own from performance perspective due to the Brembo brake setup and the while-the-argument-still-goes-on Track suspension. (Most say suspension doesn't differ from any other model but someone with a Track models says it has a larger - by 2mm- front bar.)

Either way, the Brembos and the lightweight Track 1 wheels make two less things you have to change to have a really slick Z33. Oh, and the issues you're having are pretty much par for the course and a little research here will have the issues pinpointed post haste.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited by MicVelo; 01-29-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:49 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Nice find... When you upgrade your wheels ill be happy to take those ones off your hands. Ill take the bumper too I live spare parts...

The window motors are a part of Z33 life. Slip light issues come from time to time also... Cheapest window motor I found was JC whittney...

Lots of good info on here...
Old 01-29-2017, 05:32 PM
BGeorge87

Thank you for the warm welcomes and info to everybody above!

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Nice find... When you upgrade your wheels ill be happy to take those ones off your hands. Ill take the bumper too I live spare parts...

The window motors are a part of Z33 life. Slip light issues come from time to time also... Cheapest window motor I found was JC whittney...

Lots of good info on here...
Thank you dboyzalter. Honestly I normally like to keep my spare parts as well. You never know when you might need something!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:14 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by BGeorge87

Thank you dboyzalter. Honestly I normally like to keep my spare parts as well. You never know when you might need something!

I have a large collection... My poor wife is probably about ready to host an intervention.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:35 PM
BGeorge87

Just to give a small update, I filled the brake fluid to max (it was sitting just below the min line) and it corrected the brake, VDC off, and Slip lights!! One of my next tasks will be figuring out why my high beams don't work and why the passenger window doesn't properly work (it seems to have a mind of it's own so I'll start with cleaning the switches).

In the meantime I think I'll also be looking into intakes and giving the car a good interior detail!